Grocery Stores Convenient between MCO and WDW?

I think we are going to rent a car and I’m wondering if there are any good, convenient grocery stores between the airport and WDW. I tend to buy Organic whenever I can, and I’m looking for the basics (milk, cereal, fruit, snacks, hot dogs, lunchmeat).

I’ll puruse Google Maps, but thought if there was first-hand knowledge from a Liner that would help!

Thank you!

Celebration has a Pubix

Where on property are you staying? Brand-wise, Publix is probably going to be your best bet, where you are staying will determine which one is the best location.

The other option, if you’re taking 528 to I-4 from the airport, is the Whole Foods in Dr. Phillips. It is right off I-4 at the corner of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake Road. Easy on and off, and if you don’t want to jump back on I-4, you can take Turkey Lake Road south until it becomes Palm Parkway. Then make a left when you hit 535, and you’ll see the entrance for the Downtown Disney area at Hotel Plaza Boulevard on the right.

1 Like

AllEars.net has customized driving directions from airport to resort that also include convenient grocery stops - Driving Directions to Disney Resorts - AllEars.Net

Depending on your resort, the grocery stores that they include are Winn Dixie, SuperTarget, Publix, and WalMart Supercenter.

1 Like

Thank you everyone! We are staying at Art of Animation.

I will take a look at all these suggestions, thank you!

This is brilliant! They even give the toll amount information! Thank you so much for this link!

Huh, the Publix in Celebration is only 3.6 miles from Art of Animation. I could probably just run over there after we get back from Epcot our first night, and not take extra time on our way from the airport when we’ll be anxious to get checked in and off to Epcot.

I have shopped at a Publix before when visiting Florida, and I think it would work perfectly well for our needs.

Thank you!

More than welcome! Publix is awesome.

It sounds like you’ve got a good plan, but we were very happy with delivery from Garden Grocer. We spent enough that our delivery was free, and it arrived when they said it would. I assume that the prices are higher than the grocery stores, but I live in a resort area in California so I wasn’t shocked by it. Bell service brought it up, and we were so tired by the time we finished flying from the West Coast, it was nice to not have to figure out where to go, what to get, etc.

Betting a drive to the grocery store is far cheaper than delivery.