Grocery Deliveries

Need recommendations on who to use for some grocery deliveries to Yacht Club…
Was thinking of using Walmart but saw some negative posts about that service…
seeking recommendations… arriving Sept 23rd…
Thanks much!!!

We used Instacart to have groceries from Publix delivered to BWV on our last trip. Super easy. We didn’t have to be there when they delivered our things. Bell services stored it including refrigerating the cold things. When we returned to the room we asked bell services to bring our stuff to the room. No mistakes with the order and they were quick and kept in contact with me.

2 Likes

We always use Prime Now. Up until a few years ago we used Garden Grocer every trip (for over ten years) but Prime Now have them beat in every way - price, selection of products and delivery slots. Would definitely recommend them. If you dom’t have a Prime account (which you need in order to use Prime Now) you can sign up for a free trial. You can check out the selection (which includes beer and wine) on primenow.amazon.com. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can you get refrigerated items with Prime Now? I’m a Prime member but have never used the delivery service…

Yes, both refrigerated and frozen. We always order a few boxes of Eggos (and occasionally a tub or two of Ben & Jerry’s) as well as milk etc. :slight_smile:

We used prime now. Got a free 1 month amazon prime membership before going to have access to prime now. They deliver in 2 hours and its free after a certain amount. And you can cancel the prime membership after your trip.

1 Like

When do you place the order for Prime Now, can you order prior to arriving? Or do you wait until you arrive?

1 Like

@Dreamer will they deliver to Pop as well? We need to have a few baby items delivered. The kids use cloth diapers for Cecilia and want to get some disposable ones for our trip. Maybe some pureed baby food as well. How far ahead did you order?

2 Likes

i’ve ordered before boarding my flight to mco. everything was waiting for us at bell services when we arrived. you can also wait until you get to the resort and choose the available delivery windows. i found it nice to have all there on arrival and not worry about it.

1 Like

They will deliver anywhere on property as far as I know. We actually ordered while waiting for our table at SciFi and the order was delivered by the time we finished dinner. And like I mentioned we didn’t even have to be at the resort.

1 Like

Thank you for all the insight! I originally planned to use Garden Grocer but I think I’ll be making the switch to Prime Now. I have Amazon Prime, I’m just not in an area that has access to Prime Now so it’s new to me. Would be much cheaper than Garden Grocer!

1 Like

I’ve used Prime Now and Instacart. Prime Now has the best (lowest) prices, IME. I always work on building my order days-weeks before we leave and then place the order when we get off our plane at MCO. They will deliver to any resort AFAIK. Bell Services will hold your order but you can also meet the delivery person. I always make sure to put in the notes/instructions something like “please leave with Bell Services, please point out items that need refrigeration” or something. I used Instacart last time in a pinch because Prime Now didn’t have the specific item (brand & size) that I needed. It was fine - cost me more, though.

2 Likes

I’ll be the naysayer about Instacart. Our driver in October refused to deliver to Bell Services, called only once (which I didn’t answer because it was an unfamiliar number), did not leave a VM, did not answer return calls, and cancelled our order within 2 minutes of the call. Since it was the evening, I could not get a replacement order until the next day. Instacart customer service stated that it was my fault & were going to charge me. It took a 30 minute phone call & a supervisor to get it corrected. I’ll be doing something different for us in December. It was not a pleasant experience (and I use Instacart at home).

1 Like

I’ve been looking ahead at what’s available from Prime Now vs Instacart. I am an avid Amazon user and Prime customer, but I have to tell you the selections seem bad and more expensive for the things I need. I’m looking at basic breakfast items, sandwich items, plastic-ware (spoons/forks, bowls) etc… Instacart has far more options…:woman_shrugging:

I 100% agree… was really disappointed with the Prime Now selection for items on my list… I personally am not a big fan of Whole Foods and that seemed to be what they were promoting… I decided to use Instacart… they had everything I wanted (brands included) and the prices were not too bad…

We just used Amazon Prime Now last month at Pop and also at Royal Pacific over at Universal. At Royal Pacific we had to meet the driver. At Pop it went to Bell Services. We opted to grab from there ourselves after checking in but could have had them deliver it to the room for a small fee. We also made an additional order mid trip at Pop with alcohol in it and for that we did have to meet the driver. All three experiences were super easy!