Groceries delivered?

Have you ordered groceries from Amazon and had them delivered to your resort? Any recommendations?

We ordered a bunch of water (4 cases -yup), milk, grapes, bananas, juice boxes and snacks we didn’t pack from Amazon Prime. Worked perfectly! It arrived in two hours to our resort (AoA) and bell services brought it all up to our room. It was our first time doing it and it was super easy.

Did you order in advance of your trip or once you got to your resort? Thanks!

We have used Prime Now quite a few times now and have always been very happy with it. The furthest ahead you can order is two days - this is what we do for our initial order since we have a connection and overnight stay on our way to MCO. We do a top-up order once or twice during our stay (usually two weeks) and choose a delivery slot that works with our schedule for that day - usually 2-4 hours later.

You don’t have to be there when the groceries are delivered - Bell Services will store them for you, including any chilled or frozen items. We always get a couple of boxes of Mini Eggos (and the occasional tub of Ben & Jerry’s) and they have always been fine.

Before changing to Prime Now we used Garden Grocer for over ten years. We were always extremely happy with their service too, but they are more expensive than Prime Now, have a smaller selection and far worse delivery options. And now that Prime Now carries alcohol as well there is absolutely zero reason for us to change back (we’re not raging alcoholics, but do enjoy a glass of wine on the balcony after our DD has gone to bed :rofl:).

We ordered when we got to the resort. I had everything in my cart and the resort address added in already so just had to push a button. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! We will give it a try!

Do you happen to know if Prime Now will leave alcohol with bell services like Garden Grocer will? I’m thinking of ordering some beer with the groceries in December, but I don’t want to have to schedule my day (even arrival day) around the delivery (and Amazon’s prices are much better than GG’s).

They weren’t doing alcohol yet when we were last there (in May), but several people have reported that the Prime Now drivers have left orders containing alcohol with Bell Services. For our September stay I’ll probably be choosing a delivery slot after we’ve arrived, so that I can go to Bell Services and show ID if necessary - better safe than sorry… :slight_smile:

Good to know, thanks. I don’t want to take a chance, in particular, but I also don’t want to commit to being at the resort for longer than it takes to eat a quick lunch after we arrive. Plenty of time to consider my options, though, I guess.