Grinchmas

Is Pop for sure at Uni this year? I want to go early December as well and can’t seem to confirm. This article says it’s at ESPN The Ultimate Guide To Disney World Cheer Competitions in 2023 - AllEars.Net

2 Likes

It does! Not sure that helps me for next year.

They have a 10 year deal with Universal. They’ve got 8 more years left on the contract…:sob:

No birthday trips for me any time soon

Ugh! I may have to rethink my dates. I really wanted to hit early December once but not sure it’s worth the hassle. Pop and the first two weekends with OI events will both bring in the crowds.

2 Likes

Yeah… I choose that weekend because it was my birthday and at the end of the week I went to OIM. I had fun in the parks, although it did get busy sometimes. It was the hotel insanity that makes me not want to return at that time. I didn’t sleep much that whole week.

I get it… I was a kid on field trips once. I probably was too loud in my room and ran up the hall at odd hours. I can’t be too mad. I just wish UOR didn’t even offer the hotels to guests not with those groups. Make them “sold out” as they really were anyway. No reason to give a bad experience to people not with the group just to fill up the hotel.

2 Likes

We did Grinchmas the week of Thanksgiving. Parks were very busy, but still able to snag virtual queue for Grinch meet and greet, booked Holiday VIP tour which included Santa, Grinch & Maxx, Grinch show, and private viewing of Hogwarts Christmas projections.

If you have express pass that week, you’ll be fine.

The buffet at Portofino for Thanksgiving dinner was delicious too.

2 Likes

Can recommend

2 Likes

Not in the budget but it does look good.

ETA though I just looked and it seems to be cheaper than I thought I had seen it. So it’s a possible!

1 Like

It was about $90. Highlights for me were: front row seating for the show; meet and greet with the Grinch and his dog; decent food; and empty Hogsmeade, with private castle show.

They seem to change the format every year, though. But it was a great value, especially considering what Disney will give you for $90.

4 Likes

I will definitely consider it.

And, of course, you’ll be going to see the Bourne Stuntacular.

3 Likes

Naturally. How could I not, when it is so highly recommended by you?

And everyone else.

2 Likes

It’s really great.

3 Likes

My teen wouldn’t go and see it last year so we skipped it, Matt hasn’t got over it yet.

2 Likes

Too soon.

2 Likes

The therapy will help.

Anyone know where I can find last year’s dates for the tour or the breakfast? Or if they are on set days of the week - which days.

Everything just says on select dates and we’ll only be there 2 nights plus either the evening of arrival day or morning of departure day. I’d be gutted if we couldn’t do at least one of these.

I think I got these screenshots right when booking became available:

And the Holiday Tour (6pm)

5 Likes

Thank you! This is so helpful.

1 Like