Grand Floridian versus Contemporary for getting to MK before TTC parking lot opens

Now that the walkway is open from Grand Floridian and folks have anecdotes about CR being such a pain for anyone wanting to be dropped off there…

Why not just grab a mobile order at Gasparilla Island Grille or an ADR at the Grand Floridian Cafe? Is it easier to get on the grounds at Grand Floridian? I’m okay with walking the extra .25 miles to MK. Besides, it looks more picturesque anyway.

The goal is to get there at least an hour before official park opening, so maybe we have to go with the mobile order as GIG opens at 0700 and the Cafe opens at 0730.

Does anyone have any stories about going to Grand Floridian and having an easy time with Lyft or Uber?

1 Like

I don’t have first-hand stories but if you don’t mind the extra couple of minutes walking, your plan seems reasonable! Following to see what others say.

1 Like

An interesting question is how do you clear security when you come from the direction of the Grand Floridian. Do you travel past the boat ramps and then hairpin into the checkpoint or is there a separate (and less congested) checkpoint for guest coming from that direction.

Anyone out there with recent experience?

1 Like

I believe @Olafsdad said the security from GFV was not like CR. It was a screening area set up for the boats?

2 Likes

We are going in a week, interested in what everyone says.

1 Like

Yes, from the walkway the security point is just past the new boat dock.

However I think it’s at least twice the distance from the GF than from the Contemporary. We walked from Bay a Lake to MK easily under 10 minutes without speed walking.

If you don’t mind the extra walk I’d go for the GF, I guess they’ll be less wary of drop offs there.

2 Likes

According to TP it’s about two tenths of a mile disparity.

We showed the gate guard our ADR and they waved us in. They didn’t look hard.

2 Likes