Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

Thanks. Mine is still not showing the option to pay, cancel or our balance. However I spoke with the three people today and none could tell me why, but finally the tech support for online experience said, " I don’t know why, but the reservation is there, just call and make payments." So that is that I guess.

Quick question…if I book a throw away trip, do I have to check in, either through MDE and/or in person, in order to preserve my reservation (and fast passes/theme park parking fee waiver?

Thanks!

I believe you would have to do online check in. If you don’t check in at all they would assume you weren’t coming and sell the room to someone else.

1 Like

That’s what I’m worried about. But as long as online check in covers me, I’m good!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi OBNurseNH, can you confirm that this is still true?
Thanks!

Hi Maria. I’m not on my computer so I can’t what you are replying to. Can you clarify what you are looking to have me validate?

I think its a response to a response to a response about umbrella-ing in people who aren’t on your room reservation but in your DME as part of your group.

Like you have six people you want to link fastpasses for, but the room reservation is for 4 people.

Only worked if they are offsite. If they have an on-site reservation that starts after yours they have to wait for their own window.

1 Like

We are a family of four with an on-site reservation. Have a friend going to the parks with us who does not have an on-site reservation but is linked to us through My Disney experience. I was able to include him in all of our dining and fastpass reservations without any problem.

Yes. You on-site and then offsite works.

You on-site and them on-site at a later date does not

I have a party of 8 staying in a busy period. Reading these makes me think we won’t get good fast passes unless we use this trick… That said, I think i’d mess up the trick without someone giving me step by step instructions on what to do! lol

Yes, thanks! That’s part of my question. We have 6 adults, 3 children in our party. If I book an All-Star room for 4 can the rest who are all linked to my MDE use EMH with us?

1 Like

Yes

@OBNurseNH, I know you said yes to this, but I think I’ve read otherwise elsewhere. I thought EMH were only for those with on-site stays, regardless of who they are connected to on MDE.

I agree, you can book their FPs but I don’t think they can use EMH.

2 Likes

Oh! Not EMH

I was thinking this was about FPP

2 Likes

Sorry. Multitasking doesn’t always work out well.

EMH are strictly for onsite guests

2 Likes

This is a different response than I received from Nickysyme on relatively the same question. By way of background, my family of four is checking in a week before my sister in law and her partner. Our trips overlap on the second week and we are all linked in MDE. We are all staying onsite (Dolphin).

My understanding is that I can book my sister in law and her partner when my earlier window opens as long as it corresponds with days they have tickets so we can ride together. The limitation is that their FPP must be in our group and I can’t schedule FPP for separate times for them which makes sense. If you can do this for offsite guests, l’m not following why Disney would penalize onsite guests who are linked with other onsite guests.

I think it depends on if the on- site party have a package. You cannot book an on-site package early.

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought I had seen my proposed situation talked about somewhere on the forum. But I have read so many different threads the last few days that I’m probably confused.

3 Likes