Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

Wow good to know!

1 Like

Thanks Robin! Good luck. My FP day isn’t until June 11th.

I’m now considering not having a throwaway campsite…

For my 9 nights it is over $700. Though it still gives me the free parking and 60 days FPP reservations, I think that just doing add-ons will end up coming up close to the same price. If I can get EMM for our DHS day (about $400 for the 5 of us), and use our old MBs, even with 6 days parking, I still have room to do another add on and come out the same.

I don’t feel like I’ll be shut out of anything that we care about except 7DMT, TSL, and FoP. So if we can get an EMM for DHS, that leaves 7DMT that I will plan for a RD, or just wait; and FoP which I might just skip.

I’m not anti-throwaway… I’m just trying to streamline…

I think the breaking point for using the throwaway system well is if you only need it for 4-5 nights.

3 Likes

Why not do every other night? You will get 60 day FPP, free parking, and access to EMH. You would need 4 camp sites (and potentially deal without having it the last night). For my trip the camp site is $75 one night and $94 the other night. By taking out free parking I am paying a total of $69 bucks for 60 day FPP and access to EMH. Plus I added on the dining plan. By not having to have the dining plan every night, it made sense economically for us since we can spread the credits out over two days. Granted we are doing a lot of character meals and Tony’s Parade which is quite expensive.

This is worth looking at. But if you need the +10 to get the hardest FPP, it might not benefit the FPP piece.

I will crunch the numbers, though.

The leading reservation is still alive as of right now. You could combine that with your reservations and get FPP at more than 60.

1 Like

When do you cancel the leading reservation?

As of right now, all the reports are that no FPP are being canceled. It doesn’t seem to matter when you cancel the leading reservation. If it were me, I would wait until the morning of 60 days out on my first day then cancel. That’s just me being paranoid though.

1 Like

Good to hear that leading reservation is still alive and well, hopefully it sticks around.

1 Like

Was all this “cancelling fast passes” just Disney bluffing?

I want to reserve a throw away room today so I can (maybe) get Ohana for dinner on our 1st night. My dates are 10/20-10/25. What dates do i reserve?

You would need to get a room that starts before you dates and extends over them.

You are already within 190 days of October 20th. With ADR’s you can do 180 +10. I would make it for October 14-October 25. If you want to take full advantage for FPP you could do it for October 6-25. That would give you the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I got it! Exactly what I wanted for 5 people. I knew i was a little late on the window but didn’t have the extra funds till yesterday. I knew it wouldn’t happen on my real adr date.

2 Likes

@chrystalturner I am so glad it worked for you. It will also help with the FPP.

Definitely! Just not quite time for me to worry about that.

Let me know what your MDE looks like tomorrow ok?
I made a leading reservation yesterday and some weird stuff happened to both me reservations today. The CM on chat and the phone could not find my reservation by the number and could only see it on MDE.

1 Like

Will do.

1 Like

Mine is normal. My real reservation was booked with points, don’t know if that makes a difference.

1 Like