Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

Currently, you can make any reservation you want and cancel and maintain FPP. The rumor is that once you cancel a reservation, you need to have another reservation linked within 2 days to keep your FPP. IE you want to go 6/12-6/19. To get FPP at 74 days you would book two reservations: one for 6/12-6/19 and another reservation from 6/5-6/19. You would get to book all of your FPP on 3/23 for your entire trip.

If you are staying offsite, then the rumor is you would lose all your FPP if you cancel your reservation. One option would be to book a camp ground spot for every other day. IE 6/12, 6/14, 6/16, 6/18. The plus side to the camp ground is you get free parking which is worth $25.

Good point about the parking. What is the benefit to booking every other day instead of just one reservation from 6/12 - 6/19?

This would be for people staying offsite. Cuts your cost in half. You get all the perks of an onsite stay for both your check in and check out day.

1. I thought you could only make fast passes for 10 days? So in your 6/12-6/19 example, I thought I would have make a hotel reservation for 6/10-6/19. You are saying I can make a 2 week reservation and book my fpp on 3/23 (but 60 days before 6/5 is 4/6, not 3/23). Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m not following.
  2. We are staying off site, but I will pay for an onsite and not use it if thatā€™s what I have to do. We travel with a friend who is an AP holder so we get free parking, but I guess the Magic bands would be a perk. Can you pick any designs or just solid colors? Campsites are not available for our dates, but I have All star music booked as I figure this all out. I like the every other day booking suggestion because it means i pay for 3 nights instead of six, but I guess the downside is I have to book fast passes repeatedly instead of one day for the whole trip.
  3. Iā€™m still curious if anyone has cancelled their reservation after getting fast passes and rescheduled for a date past their fast pass dates? (I.e. Going 6/12-6/19, get fast passes for those dates. Then reschedule the hotel for 6/21-6/26. Worst case if I donā€™t show up is they charge one night.)

You can make FPā€™s for up to 14 days at a max of 74 day ahead. I think @ejmuller3211 may have missed some of the dates? Or is doing something different that I would do.

If you are actually going 6/12-6/19 and you want 74 day advantage for 6/12, you want to be booking FPā€™s on 3/30. 60 days after that is 5/29. So if you book a fake reservation from 5/29 to 6/19, you will get 6/12 at 74 on 3/30, 6/13 at 74 on 3/31, 6/14 at 74 on 4/1 etc.

If you only cared about 74 day advantage for your last day, 6/19, and 73 day advantage for 6/18, 72 day advantage for 6/17, etc. then you would want to be booking FPā€™s on 4/6 which would mean your fake ressie would start on 6/5. I think maybe thatā€™s what he was trying to do?

Donā€™t know why I typed in 3/23. Youā€™re right on 4/6.

With your option you get the max advantage for all days in your trip. Iā€™ve seen that you donā€™t need more than 7 days advantage, which is why I typically target 74 days for my last day. Just letā€™s me do all my planning on one sitting. However after SWGE opens that could change everything.

Once they start cancelling FPP we will be able to test your theory on a later reservation. Right now we cant because no FPP have been cancelled.

For magic bands, you can always make a reservation then cancel once they ship them.

Apologies for the confusion on dates. Messed up on putting dates into google.

I am not sure on this. Right now it doesnā€™t seem to matter when your onsite dates are, or if you even have an onsite stay. All FPP remain when you cancel.

Agree. There is no way to test since Disney isnā€™t cancelling FPP yet. (Will they ever? Doesnā€™t seem like it is high on their priority list right now.)

That is length of ticket dependent these days unless you get the ticket that can be used any date but that type of ticket just had a significant increase.

One way around that is to buy a convention ticket. They do limit how many days of FPP you can have based on the length of the ticket, but it can be for any date of your stay.

Genius! Thanks!

Tell me more about convention tickets. Oh wise liners.

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/convention-tickets-tip/46005. That should explain everything you need.

1 Like

Thanks

I wonder if my FP reservations will be cancelled if I do an overlap leading reservation with my reservation at the dolphin resort and then cancel it when my dolphin FP selection opens up. The dolphin resort isnā€™t a disney resort but it does have almost the same perks including the 60+ FP selection.

1 Like

I wondering whoā€™s going to be the brave soul to try leading reservations. I have a split stay in August so Iā€™m curious, I want to try an overlapping reservation that covers the entire week.

1 Like

I hope someone tries it soon. If not I am probably going to try. My FPP day is May 28 so I will see what happens then and let you know.

1 Like

Is there something somewhere that tells me HOW to do this? Iā€™m thinking about it for our stay next year, especially because Iā€™m considering a split stay, but Iā€™m just not sure how it works. Can I have more than one reservation on my account? Do I need to make a second MDE account, and if so, how do I have FPPs on one and my reservation on another? And while Iā€™m begging for info, how do I make extra dining reservations? I donā€™t want a tonne, but thereā€™s a couple days that Iā€™m not totally sure about - for example Iā€™ve got two days at MK, Iā€™d like to do BOG and CP, BUT if one of the days has EMM Iā€™d like to do that, so Iā€™d like to book CP for both days just to hedge my bets but BOG as well for one so if thereā€™s no EMM we still have a PPO.

Anyway, too much information, but is there a helpful thread that explains this?

ADR I used a second MDE account which is in my momā€™s name. She is traveling with us so I plan using both accounts for everyone. But I am sure I could do the same for my husband.

you can have multiple hotel reservations including overlapping ones. I used to use 2 accounrs for ADRs but I discovered that is not necessary. When you search for an ADR time, and the times come up. You can right click on that time and choose open in a new window. The current window will prompt you that you already have an existing reservation. Howevet, in the new window you can go right ahead a book even though you already have a reservation at that time. Just remember to cancel those you dont need once your plans are finalized.

4 Likes