Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

With the new system, your reservation will have to be from 12/14-12/29. If you did it the way you mention they would recognize it as a split stay and you would have two 60 day windows.

1 Like

Has anyone had fast passes cancelled yet?

There also discussion of the “60 rolling period” being closed. Can someone pls clarify what that means?

The 60 day rolling window meant that if your first night for example was on site and then you had an offsite stay, you could book check in and check out day at 60 days, and then the rest of your ticket length at 60 days from the actual day one day at a time. This is now gone and you book those extra days at 30 days because you’re staying offsite.

2 Likes

As of right now there aren’t any reports of FPP being cancelled if you’ve cancelled a reservation.

1 Like

Question: I have 10 day tickets but will only be staying on property for the first 5 days. Will I be able to book fastpasses for the entire 10 days at 60 days out or only the 5 I am on property? Thanks!

@Wahoohokie - you seem to have done the most research into the new reality here. What is the verdict?

1 Like

@marydewramos will only be able to book her onsite days at 60 days out (including checkin and checkout days). All other days will be booked 1 day at a time at 30 days. To book them all at 60 days, an overlapping onsite reservation is needed that covers all of the days. That works for now since Disney is not actively cancelling FPP when an onsite stay is cancelled. This could change at any time though.

3 Likes

Got it. Thank you!

1 Like

You are welcome!

Hi I hate to ask but what is the rider switch abuse someone mentioned?

When they rider switch/swap system was a paper fast pass, the return pass could be used until the end of the month (most times). If you did not get a chance to use it you could pass it on to a friend or a random stranger. Unfortunately, some people also sold them on eBay.

1 Like

I see

Well, you can still abuse the digital rider switch by:

1. having a kid pretend they’re scared to generate rider switch and then riding with the party once they have RS’s (maybe swapping some MB’s along the way)
  2. having a kid generate multiple sets of rider switches
  3. generating rider switches for people who won’t actually be waiting with the kid off ride
  4. generating standby rider switches and then getting out of line and coming back when they’re valid instead of waiting in line
  5. etc. you get the idea
1 Like

HWow. I will barely be able to keep us straight just using theirs the way they are meant to be used. No way I could plan all that.

3 Likes

If, hypothetically speaking, one were to try some of these, the planning wouldn’t be that bad. A two line spreadsheet (Line 1: who rides first via FP or legit means, who gets RS added to their acct. and whether they join them or wait Line 2: who rides in the second round using which magic bands via FP or RS) is all it would take.

1 Like

I may have to ask your advice on this later@ApolloAndy.

I’m not sure I get it. In addition to the five day onsite reservation she should make another 10 day room only reservation? And then she would cancel the 10 day reservation but her fastpasses would stay for the whole 10 days, even the days she’s off-site?

Yes, that is correct. At any point Disney could start cancelling the FPP for the offsite stay, but as for now they do not.

All of the rumors have indicated there will be a 2 day grace period to rebook a reservation. In theory, your original reservation should protect your FPP. Who knows how the actual coding will be written when the time comes though.

1 Like

Floating an idea past you. In the past, if you cancelled your onsite room only reservation you still got to keep your fast passes. Now it seems like you have to have an onsite reservation, but the days of the onsite reservation don’t need to match the days of the fast pass. (ie. in the above example, once the 10 day reservation is cancelled then she has fast passes for days she doesn’t have a hotel reservation for.)
Could I… 1. make a 10 day reservation for days 1-10 (which include the 6 days I will be in the parks), 2. make a one day room only reservation for day 16, 3. Get my fast passes for my park days when the window opens for my first reservation., 4. hold the one day reservation until day 10 and then cancel it or just eat the cost? Is the one night reservation in the system enough to hold my fast passes based on the original 10 day reservation? Or does that one night have to be during the days that I’m in the park and have my fast passes?