Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

I can attest to this. I cancelled my reservation and got to keep my 60 day FPPs. This was last week.

I didn’t keep up to date with all the rumors but was there ever an official announcement from Disney? Maybe this was a hoax by some blog site to drive a few clicks based on some partial true info like the leading reservation.

Lol, yes I think you do.

1 Like

Yes. I used to make a leading that ended on first day of real stay. (So 3/24-30, and real 3/30-4/5). Now it has to be an overlapping, which is what I would use to book ADRs before 180.
Real stay: 3/30-4/5
Fake stay: 3/26-4/5
Then cancel the fake stay once 3/30 FPP day is open to all onsite guests. FPP remains because you have a resort reservation during that time period.

Yes. Unless everything changes with the rumored paid FPP. Then who knows. But it won’t take long for the FPP Strategists to figure it out!
Actually, thinking about your example I am not sure about a 4 day reservation. Is that how many days you really want FPP? Or 10? See my example to @PrincipalTinker about how to work the dates.

They do have the banner when you cancel a reservation that says the FPP associated will disappear. They just don’t disappear. Also a few emails were sent from Disney, but those seem less likely to happen than for nothing to be sent. And either way, email or not, nothing was cancelled.

How could you have two rsevarions in MDE?

Never been a problem. You just book them online.

I think that may be a problem for some people these days, but not all. I had a DVC reservation and my back up MVT reservation at the same time but others have been blocked.

If they start disallowing it, I guess this strategy will no longer work. I have lots of testing I’d like to do in my account, but with my real trip in just 16 days, I am taking no chances. When I return though… :wink:

2 Likes

I think there may be ways around it. You know how the TP reservation finder allows two ADRs? A regular reservation and DVC can be double booked. There has to be other combos?

1 Like

Wow… Just Wow !!!

1 Like

We agreed as a community that posts that some perceived as “insulting” or targeting another will not be allowed by the community. Please read your PM. Thanks

8 Likes

Wow. I am very productive, thanks. You do not know me, so please keep your judgements to yourself. Apparently you are unaware of a few things, so I shall enlighten you.
If you look at FPP availability for the next week (a very busy spring break week at that), you will see no end of FPP available for things like Barnstormer, Dumbo, It’s A Small World and Mad Tea Party. I can get all 4 of them on Thursday at 9-9:15 am. 4 days out! I promise you, having a FPP for those type rides for a few days around 60 days out is hurting no one. No one! They are literally the last chosen FPP, even day of. So please chill out a little. You don’t have to like these strategies, and you don’t have to use them either. But they are widely used and reported on across the internet.
Also, today I can book 18 resorts for 2 months from now for a 6 night stay. That’s just with the discounted rooms, most likely all of them are available as room only. So I don’t buy your take on interfering with other’s plans.
And yes, I hoard ADRs. When Disney stops changing hours, and adding events in the 70 days or so before my trip, I will stop making multiple ADRs at 180 or more days out. Why should I be stuck to a schedule I made at 180 plus days out, when Disney cannot stick to that schedule? What about everyone who already had ADRs for late August/early September who just got the Star Wars bomb dropped on them? Is is fair that they should have to stick to a schedule they made before SW was announced? I think not.
Just some things for you to ponder.

8 Likes

No points worth pondering. I am one of the people impacted by the SW:GE announcement. When the time comes we will get some ADR’s, we’ll get some Fastpasses, and ultimately we’ll have a magical time. We’ll be flexible and cordial. We’ll have no reason to get into a long explanation or justification for our approach.

Have a magical day.

If you pull your reservation back to one night, do you still get to keep all of your Fast passes or will Disney cancel under the new policy of “no on site hotel = no fast passes”?

So far the FPP have stayed. What happens in the future, no one yet knows.

2 Likes

I’ve done some testing as well. I booked two stays when the second Twitter rumor happened. They were for 32 and 50 days out. I cancelled both rooms all together and all FPP are still there. I also used the umbrella policy and those FPP are still there.

I have a trip the end of April. I’ve ended up making two campsite stays, one for Sun-Mon and one Tue-Wed. With the rumors running around I don’t want to risk losing the FPP.

1 Like

Can you modify those umbrella fast passes or is it a recent change that you can’t ?

I have to be back in the party to modify. It’s really a pain the butt.

1 Like

I’ve got a reservation booked for POP Century 12/19-12/29. If I was to book a reservation at the campsites for 12/14-12/19, can I book FPP 60 days out from 12/14 for dates between 12/19/-12/29 or do the FPP have to be between 12/14-12/19?