Got my fast passes today with the help of a leading reservation! (changed from throwaway room)

every single college and university posts dates for “end of classes.” schedule for the next day after that. It doesn’t justify “line jumping” by ghost reservations.

My DS 21 has his published term dates but he doesn’t have his examination timetable yet…which is actually when term ends for him in practical terms. It could be May or June or even July.

1 Like

Make a wish families get a genie pass that is head of the line, no fastpasses needed, period. It fine to disagree, but lets stick to facts. If they are paying for the reservation, regardless of whether they plan to use it or not, they are totally within their rights to do what they are doing.

1 Like

A) M-A-W get a concierge-type of planning service, not what you describe as a genie paas.

B) my comments were clearly regarding ghost and leading reservations. You mentioned paid throw away reservations. Not the same thing.

C) the practice is line jumping. Not sure how to disagree on that.

1 Like

As per Give Kids The World (The Make A Wish Lodging in Orlando, where all MAW kids stay unless they request a specific hotel as part of their wish-)

“3-day park hopper tickets to be utilized across all four WDW parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom). Other benefits: Genie Wishes Pass for all approved participants to allow access to an alternate entrance for all the rides (no Fast Passes necessary), free parking, free stroller/wheelchair rental, access to Wish and VIP lounges and special gift of Disney Memory Maker card which includes free digital downloads of photos taken within the Walt Disney World parks.”

https://www.gktw.org/pre/vacation/theme-parks.php

1 Like

Thanks for clarifying my understanding of the M-A-W program. Although not sure why you are focused on that one point. Wasnt even the point if my post.

1 Like

It kinda was. You basically accused the person of cutting in front of MAW families. Like i said, lets keep it to facts. They definitely are NOT doing that. The other people, well, I guess you could see it that way. But they aren’t breaking any laws or rules so i personally feel its an exploitable loophole. If WDW wants it to stop, they’ll stop it. Its up to them to want to do it.

Would I do it? Probably not, bc its way more of a hassle than i want to deal with. Do i think they are terrible people for doing it? No.

Years ago, when WDW used to release discount codes to residents of specific states, there was a glitch where it allowed residents of other states to book it. Did i take advantage of it knowing i wasn’t supposed to get it? Absolutely! I guess you could say i stole that vacation from someone who was entitled to it. Point is, you can feel any way you want about it, but they aren’t breaking any hard and fast laws or rules.

2 Likes

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

Well if we are now splitting hairs, as a tall athletic guy i can easily get over those short 30" queue railings, and get over that loophole to jump line, because Disney should have put in a taller wall and should print it in their rules.

Its just a small little loophole. Based on this thread line jumping is ok if it is a loophole, I now know I am not not breaking a Disney park policy or rule.

I’ve met all the justifications to sleep good at night. Next trips will be no lines for me. Yeah for me.

Yes, bad sarcasm - but threads like this do that to me.

1 Like

No, they don’t. This is my third kid in college, and by far the worst school for letting us know when finals are. Upper division classes are small and often don’t publish their finals dates very far in advance.

Further, this isn’t a ghost reservation, it’s one I fully intend to keep once I know the dates. I would have made the entire reservation at BWI if they would let me change the reservation, but they won’t, not for that room.

2 Likes

A) people should give you a hard time about ghost reservations. Its line jumping. Its is also cloggung the system so other families cant get their resort choice, or worse have to pay more.

B) just perhaps Disney will crack down on it - like RS abuses - because it is line-jumping.

I think you’ve made your point @tline35!

2 Likes

And the Moderator hath spoken. :smiley:

3 Likes

Just as a reader of the thread, not as a mod!

4 Likes

Well, Disney has not done anything to stop it yet. Despite saying they are cancelling FPP, no actual FPP have been cancelled in the past few weeks. I hate to tell you, but Disney does not care who has what FPP, or if some get better ones than others. Their rumored fixes to the system have done nothing to actually fix it. As long as the loophole exists, I will continue to use it. As will all the other FPP strategists out there.

2 Likes

Hmm, I thought I read on other threads that the loophole (trying to use the most neutral term here) had been closed.

No, it hasn’t. It only looks like it has. “The FPP will be cancelled if you cancel your booking”. In reality…no reports of them being cancelled and plenty of reports of them staying (good thread on Disboards if you want to see some of the testing people have been doing). As for what will happen in the future, who knows…but for now, they are not cancelling them.
As long as you have a resort stay on the days you scheduled the FPP (even if you booked them a week early thanks to a leading reservation), the FPP stay.

1 Like

I kind of thought this would be the case, it would be hard to police otherwise, and if you are ultimately staying on property, it’s very little harm done

what would be interesting to know is if someone uses an onsite leading reservation to make fpp at 60 days but intends to cancel it and ultimately stay offsite…how is that being handled?

2 Likes

Currently, they aren’t being cancelled. Tests have been done between 30-60 days, and less than 30. Some people even get a reservation from Disney telling them to make a change in the next 48 hours to keep the FPP. Even when nothing is done, the FPP stay. The loophole was never fixed, and many think it never was the intention to fix it. They have closed the rolling window for people who were booking 1 night onsite, then could book all their FPP day by day after day 60. Now those same people are likely to make a longer reservation, and just keep it until 20 days out or so, and then cancel if staying offsite. Disney actually made the issue worse with their changes as those who used to book 1 night for the rolling FPP will now keep a room until 3 weeks out, so Disney has less chance to resell it. It appears Disney has not only NOT closed the loophole, but opened a bigger one. This is one of the reasons people think split stay reservations were not an accidental byproduct of “closing the loophole”. In actuality, split stays were the intended target, all in preparation for whatever changes are coming soon to the FPP system so that Disney can sell the FPP.

3 Likes

I think of a “leading” reservation as a reservation you make that stops at your real one. That used to work. Now you need to book a longer, overlapping stay- right?

So… I need two campsite reservations? One for four days, then another for the tens days I really want?

1 Like