Good news/bad news Skyliner

ItsoooKay :nerd_face: it’s always best to confirm. :upside_down_face:

Well there’s a story. They moved/ pushed them little by little until a cab got close enough to a landing. And after unloading a cab started the push again to get the next cab to a landing. It took FOREVER

3 Likes

Asking that is just tempting fate! It’s on the list of questions to never ask, which include:

Could this get any worse?
It can only get better from here, right?
What’s the worst that could happen?

This is especially true if you’re a character in a show, movie, or novel. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

“Er… well, I’ve had my Pfizer…”

2 Likes

“I’ve had my J&J” and instantly clutch your heart.

(Too soon? Too dark? You’re throwing mixed signals here with that look. Help me out here)

6 Likes

Would it be bad etiquette to raise your arms and scream like you’re on a downhill rollercoaster?

6 Likes

4 Likes

Only if you’re doing it during the climb. That’s a no screaming zone. (I do, however, find myself whistling “you can fly” )

2 Likes

3 Likes

“Hey did you guys see that video of one of these spinnin’ like a tea cup?”

6 Likes

A skyliner bucket was spinning ??? :worried: nope

2 Likes

lol no sorry I was just suggesting potential “conversation starters” on the skyliner

4 Likes

Bwahahaha

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I can’t breathe lol too funny you guys :rofl::rofl::rofl: it’s hard to type while laughing out loud!!! Thank you!!

3 Likes

I don’t understand how riding on the Skyliner with other parties is weird/uncomfortable. I am a skier, and we ride on gondolas with other people all the time. (Not to mention skiing in Europe where you get crammed in like sardines! AND in Europe there’s not a polite chatting custom “So, where are you from?” like there is in the US). I figured it would be like skiing, where you are all people having fun sharing the same hobby. What am I missing?

5 Likes

my family is all polite chatters, especially on vacation! If someone seems uncomfortable, we can turn it off, too; but generally people are just as eager to pass the time. “Where are you from?” is a great conversation starter. Or commenting genuinely on a cool hat or bag.

Exactly - you all have Disney in common at the moment.

3 Likes

And then you’re trusting perfect strangers to tell the truth. No dice. Plenty of resorts that do not require me to get in those boxes with strangers. I’ll just pick them.

2 Likes

Not everyone enjoys being put into forced interaction with others even with “common hobbies”.

I despise small talk and people acting all fake like they care about where you’re from. Nope, nope, nope.

2 Likes

I think it depends on where you grew up. I find people who are from smaller towns are happy to chat whereas people from larger cities are not. My brother recently moved back home from a larger city and his first comment was that he forgot neighbours say hello when they walk by you on the street. He thought it was weird at first. People would look at him like he was crazy if he said hello to neighbours and strangers in his old city.

6 Likes

They were doing one party per car just now at Pop. Maybe they’re only doing it during peak times.

2 Likes