Good Neighbor Perks?

Have the Good Neighbor perks changed, or was I told misinformation by a CM? I booked Signia by Hilton for this December back in September after a CM told me it would give me all the benefits of staying at a Disney resort. I even got a TP email yesterday reminding me that I would be able to book all my ADRs starting today at 6:00 AM. Guess what?? I can only book the first day, and have to do it one day at a time! I also cannot book ILL passes until park opening–althjough I am hearing the price of those are going to be ridiculous!! I NEVER would have booked this hotel if I knew this up front! All we can do is use early entry in the AM. That is the only perk–is this different from before Covid?!

With Genie launching, more hotels opening, I am now so nervous that this trip is going to be a disaster! Christmas is crazy enough in regular times!

I know there has been some issue with people staying at Swan/Dolphin and they had to call to get it resolved. It was something about the way the hotel showed or was linked to the MDE app. You might want to try that.

2 Likes

I was on hold with the hotel for 40 minutes this AM, and this (above) is what the concierge said—just early entry😞

I’ll try speaking with a CM again, the hold time is brutal between Genie issues and the upcoming holidays!

1 Like

I would definitely call Disney and not the hotel. These hold times are ridiculous. Maybe you can try the chat option on the website or app and see if you get a faster response.

Yeah, I don’t know why I didn’t call Disney first. Early AM brain fog! The chat was grayed out for most of the day today. When I try in the app the server is overwhelmed and can’t connect!

1 Like

Disney hold times aren’t any better. I hung up at 3 hours and 39 min the other day. Upon connecting it said it would be a 2 hr wait

From the Disney Website(s):

Early Theme Park Entry for Disney Resort Hotel Guests

Guest Service located at Walt Disney World® Resort

Starting October 1, 2021 as part of The World’s Most Magical Celebration, Disney Resort hotel Guests and Guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to any Walt Disney World theme park, every day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day!

Valid theme park admission, park reservation and Resort ID are required.

Participating Hotels

Early theme park entry is a benefit for registered Guests staying at Disney Resort hotels and select other hotels, which include:

• Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
  • Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
  • Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
  • Disney’s Pop Century Resort
  • The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
  • Disney’s Beach Club Resort
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
  • Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
  • Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas
  • Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
  • Disney’s Old Key West Resort
  • Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
  • Disney’s Riviera Resort
  • Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando
  • Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
  • Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
  • Holiday Inn Orlando
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Four Seasons Resort Orlando
  • Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando

Q. When can I make advance reservations for experiences at Walt Disney World Resort, such as dining reservations and available Enchanting Extras Collection experiences?

A. Guests may make advance reservations for dining, the Enchanting Extras Collection, recreation and other experiences up to 60 days in advance. In addition, Disney Resort hotel Guests can make reservations up to 60 days in advance plus the length of their stay (up to 10 days). Book dining reservations online.

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately when I booked in early September I was asking if we would get ALL the perks that a Disney resort guest would at Signia. The CM said yes. I usually stay on Disney property for this reason, and am unfamiliar with staying off. She sent me a link to the Good Neighbor hotels and said I would be fine at any of them.

I did get through on the app chat, and Swan, Dolphin and Shades of Green are the only non-Disney hotels that get all Disney resort privileges.

Live and learn! Being “Crazy Christmas” time, I really wanted any help we could get. In reality though, with Genie making everything day of, I’m wondering if staying off property and touring later afternoon into evening is a better, new strategy.

I usually stay at good neighbor hotels these days. There is not much advantage for onsite anymore.

You will have early entry, which will be an advantage if you do not want to spend on G+ and ILL$.

Getting to the oqrks is not really an issue either.

I have seen others use a temporary reservation to get the ADRs booked and then cancel the reservation. Apparently the ADRs stay. Not sure if you can find the theead about it. I saw it a month or two ago.

1 Like

Agree getting there is not an issue. We always rent a car even though we usually stay on resort. My DH can’t tolerate public transport schedules or more specifically when they don’t appear to have them :rofl:

I believe that you must be booked at a Disney resort to book the length of your stay up to 10 days at 60 days out. After 10 days it is day by day. If you are not staying at a true Disney resort like Swan or Dolphin it is day for day 60 days out.

I called Disney the other day and the CM told me I COULD NOT book ADRs for my entire stay staying at the Swan starting at 60 out. This seems counter to everything else I’m reading on forums so hoping it’s the case she was new and misinformed, and not that Disney changed their policy for S/D.

Since you aren’t crazy about your hotel, you might want to see what there is totally off-site. Since you’ll have the car, you’ll pay for parking regardless. The early entry can be replaced with buying one ILL$$$.

I find it interesting that Swan isn’t getting the +10 ADR, after all, they get the evening hours.

1 Like

This is true. It must be a true Disney Resort to get the 10 day booking 60 days out. The Swan doesn’t qualify. Here you can only get day for day 60 days out.

Huh, when I called the other day I was told my hotel didn’t qualify, but Swan, Dolphin and Shades of Green were the only ones that DID!

Things did just change as with Covid there were no extra magic hours or FP’s to reserve, so these policies have all made a shift with the launch of Genie.

You should call a CM again and the concierge at Swan for clarification.

1 Like

I believe that Swan, Dolphin, and Shapes of Green qualify for the Day by Day choices 60 days out but not the 10 day selection. Other resort don’t get the 60 day option at all for any choices.

Dochopper, so are you saying offsite guests cannot make any ADRs then? Only day of?? I guess they/we will rarely get to eat a sit down meal.

No, everyone can reserve 60 days ahead.

2 Likes

yes, this

I know that’s the written policy but seems to be counter to many’s experience. My 60 days are in a couple weeks, I’ll see if I’m eligible to book 60+ with a Swan resy.