Good idea or terrible idea?

I’ll have one afternoon followed by one full day at MK. I was thinking I’d just try to tackle Adventureland and Frontierland during the afternoon visit, then tour Fantasyland and Tomorrowland with the full day. Is this a good idea or a terrible idea?

1 Like

That is pretty similar to a plan I have. I think it is a good idea.

I think that would work fine, but there are also some 1 day + 1 afternoon standard touring plans from the TP site that you could also use if you’re looking for a jumping off point for your planning. For example the “Parents Plan—One Afternoon and One Full Day” here: Magic Kingdom Touring Plans for Parents with Small Children

Or the equivalent plan for adults here: Magic Kingdom Touring Plans for Adults

Thanks! I don’t want to use the pre-made TPs because there’s too much I want to customize.

1 Like

I do pretty much the same thing, but in reverse order; I always do a full MK day first, and then as much of a second day as I need (rarely more than a half).

Makes sense! The only issue I could see trying to do Fantasyland + Tomorrowland in one day is that crowds build faster on that side of the park IMO. So there’s definitely more than 3 attractions on that side of the park that you’d want a FP for (7DMT, PP, Space, princess M&Gs if you’re doing them, even Buzz, WtP, IASW depending on how late in your plan you hit them). So you’ll have to be comfortable flexing your plan around which 4+ FPs you get and in what order. Sometimes I’ve found it easier to split up Fantasyland and Tomorrowland for that reason.

I have two boys who will be 2 and 4 when we’re there. So we won’t be doing many roller coasters or princesses!

1 Like

That’ll make it much easier then. Well, make planning/getting fast passes much easier. Traveling with two boys under 5 won’t make much else easier, that’s for sure!

1 Like