Good idea or bad idea (daily morning run before the parks)?

I keep going back and forth about this. I was thinking of just short runs like 1-2 miles. We’ll be at POR with the trail(s) and just wondering if this a realistic/smart plan or not. I don’t think it will be an issue in terms of running out of steam at the end of the day. I’m usually high energy but fearful that in the morning I’ll need the extra time to help DW with DD10 and DD6 in getting ready and out the door. But at the same time I feel much better working out daily. Figured I’d just wake up a few minutes extra to get the run in…since it’s just me running. We’re going next week in Feb so heat won’t be an issue in the morning.

Anyone know if running on the trails at POR is okay or is it frowned upon?
And have any Liners done morning runs before heading to the parks? If so, how’d it turn out?

Thanks.

Running on the trails is not only OK, but semi-advertised as a Running Trail.

Be conscious of the people around you, and you’ll be fine.

I haven’t recently done a 1-2 mile run before a park day… but I was still plenty good to go after the races of Dopey weekend.

If a daily workout is normal for you, you’re probably just fine.

Very scenic around Port Orleans, so you should definitely go for it.

Great thank you confirming it’s okay to run. Sure I try to be as conscientious as possible when running. I alter my run to avoid running buy people on sidewalks in our neighbor if I can.

I think I just needed confirmation I wasn’t crazy but you’re right I work out normally and I’m planning to run less than I normally do. And of course people doing the official Disney runs will go to the parks afterwards.

Thank you!

1 Like

Great. More motivation! Thanks.

OH!

Before I forget… be sure, if you’ll be there on a Sunday morning, to check to see if you can do the weekly Beignet Dash. Starts and ends down at POFQ… but you’ll be running that way on days when it’s not happening, anyway.

We will be there one Sunday! Thanks! Will look into the Beignet Dash!

Let me get this right you are sharing a room with 3 females and you want to know if it a good idea to get out of the room while they get ready to go to the parks.
If I was you I would delete this post before you are asked to return your MAN card. LOL just kidding.
I’m disabled and can’t run but given the choice of getting in their way or going for a run, call me Forrest Gump.

yea. If you are used to running most days, I’d still do it. You can always go early enough to then be back and help DW with the DDs

Then do it. :smiley:

Erm, maybe do it at your own peril. :rofl:

Good point. :slight_smile:

That’s what I’m thinking. Just needed to make sure I wasn’t being an idiot adding things I don’t need to add.

Another good point. Need to make sure I get back in time to help.

1 Like

If I weren’t so bad at waking up in the mornings, I totally would have done this. The resorts are beautiful places to run. For what it’s worth, we averaged ~10 miles walking per day (20k steps) while at WDW.

1 Like

I went for morning runs in WDW on adult only trips, but I did not work \out at all during my first visit with kids (ages 3 and 1) recently. I wanted to get the kids up and ready in the mornings. With older kids like yours, you may be ok. Why not ask your wife how she feels about it and if she is cool with it, give it a try the first day and see how it goes?

I don’t do running personally, but my brother is a professional athlete and goes for a run every morning when he comes with us to WDW, as well as hitting the gym. He loves it and thinks it’s a great way to start his day. Go for it! :slight_smile: