Gonna be brave and take on WAT!

I’m telling my acrophobia that it will be okay to do the Wild Africa Trek. So, what time do I sign up for? 8:45; 10:15; 11:45; or 12:30?

I’m thinking 8:45 or 10:15. AK opens at 9 for regular guests. We could try a ride or two if we chose 10:15. For 8:45, we would go straight there.

5 Likes

Food is included, so we went at 1:30p to have a late lunch. I’m not sure it really matters. The tour takes you to the animals, so it’s not quite the same as doing the safari where it’s the luck of the draw on which animals you see.

2 Likes

When are you going?
If in warmer months, definitely the earliest one.
If in cooler months, that doesn’t matter so much.

We did the first one of the day and enjoyed that we had the afternoon free rather than having it chop up the day.

3 Likes

February 12th.

1 Like

I would say the first or the last so you can have a less choppy day. At that time of year 1230 might be more comfortable

3 Likes

Meaning not freezing? :cold_face:

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Isn’t lunch towards the middle of the tour?

You’ll do fine! I have confidence in you. Plus if you can hold on to something with your hands, that could make that sort of thing easier.

If you’ll dread it til you’re presented with it, maybe first thing ?

2 Likes

Oh also both my husband and my son are fearful of heights and they both did great and enjoyed it

4 Likes

Thank you for your confidence in me! :relieved:

This will be our last park before we fly home the next day.

Going first on the bridge :grimacing:!

3 Likes

Absolutely.

I used to be in the “last to go” group but somewhere along the way realized first is best.

2 Likes

Thank you so, so much for telling me this! This really helps.

Looking at videos of people on that bridge is what sets off my acrophobia.

2 Likes

IIRC, it’s a three-hour tour and lunch is about two hours into it.

1 Like

Ah, I mis-read the original post as “agoraphobia”. When you cross the bridge you’re on a safety line and you hang on to the bridge the whole way across. Maybe that will help make you feel more secure?

:scream: :rofl:

Yes, that will help!

I would recommend not watching those videos :joy:

3 Likes

I’ve seen the hikes you have done at Yellowstone and Yosemite and the WAT will be just fine! I haven’t done it but I’ve seen it from the Safari vehicle in AK and it didn’t look too bad. I am afraid of heights as well and I could totally do it. My fear of heights is less if I’m in a harness though. I guess everyone is different, but I have faith in you. :heart::+1:t3:

2 Likes

But but what if the harness is faulty? See where my mind goes!

But thank you for you confidence in me!

4 Likes