Gondola station question

A monorail, if something goes wrong, can’t just plummet to the ground. But that cable? What if proper inspections miss something? Cable is constantly being bent, causing eventual wear until one day…snap!

Yeah, yeah. I know. I’m being unreasonable. But that’s what happens when you have an unreasonable fear!

You DO have a monorail fixation amigo!

Well I took my 2 year old on this last winter… does this make me a bad parent??

1 Like

Yes. That, and the People Mover. I’m noticing a pattern.

It makes you a sadist. Not because you took her on it, but because you posted a picture of it here for me to be tortured by.

1 Like

HA! He loved it and I couldn’t even find a good winter pic with some nice craggy ice for the car to fall on.

either way…you are on the ground @ryan1 and just like @Nicky_S said, the gondolas will be lower than monorail beam :grin: so a shorter fall to my death…less time to think about it

Now, believe it or not, last summer, I did this zip line (and one other) at a family camp:

I was absolutely petrified. I thought it might help me get over my fear of heights. It didn’t.

1 Like

that looks pretty fun @Ryan!

:frowning_face:

Well done for trying though. Thing is, the next time might be that tiny bit easier - anxiety level would peak at not-quite-so-high and return to normal that little bit quicker.

I have the same fear of coasters. Fine with things on the “ground” eg: BTMRR but not up on rails eg: Slinky. I took the first step last summer on the Dragon coaster at Legoland (Windsor). Rode it three times in a row - next time at WDW I absolutely will do Slinky!

Have you ever been on EE amigo? Just curious…

I love coasters. I am a coaster enthusiast. The taller, faster the better! EE is great, but relatively tame.

So you’re afraid of… dangling? Static heights?

Falling

Well, I mean, the doors could fail open while it’s running, and it could take a curve too fast and you could fall out. But that’s really unlikely. You probably shouldn’t even think about that!

Wouldn’t that possibility apply to coasters too?

Not really.

That is totally cool

They are expected to be open at least by the time SWGE opens which is at the end of August, so I’m pretty sure they will be in Oct.

I’m actually planning a whole non park day around them. Bus from WL to DHS, gondola to CBR to check out new Riviera and new CBR construction; I’ll have lunch in one of the two resorts. I may add a round trip to POP, just to have done it. Then gondola to IG and walk over to BW for dinner at FF (or maybe Yachtsman or Ale and Compass. Then bus to MK and boat back to WL (unless I decide to add some night life at DS).