Gondola/Skyway rumors

Like seriously scared of heights. I can’t look out windows in glass elevators, or look over the railing heigher than the second floor. I get dizzy just seeing people on TV standing on tall buildings.

Coasters don’t bother me though unless I look down. Which I don’t.

1 Like

I thought Caribbean Beach was the only place you’d have to get off and reboard.

1 Like

I thought that too, but isn’t Riviera going to have a station? Or do they have to go to the station at CBR?

Riviera is a station but you don’t get off there - unless you want to get to the resort.

The only change for any journey will be at CBR.

Otherwise you’ll travel through, the doors will likely open and then close, and you’ll be on your way again.

Okay, that makes sense. I guess I don’t have a real good idea of how big the cars will be or how many people they will hold.

Sounds like it might be annoying for the people at Riviera, then. Lots of cars coming through but nobody getting off so no empty cars for them to load into? Or maybe I am overestimating how many people will be riding and this will be kind of like riding the Peoplemover where you walk up and get in the nearest car but lots of cars leave empty (more capacity than demand)

I don’t know about total capacity, but the thing about the Skyliner will be that the lines (if there are lines at any given time) will be moving continuously, unlike with the monorail or boats. There will be a new gondola coming constantly. With the monorail, the line moves a ton when a train loads. But then it stops for 10 minutes, then another batch loads, etc.

Still, I think your point about the people at Riviera is likely truth. It is like the people who want to get on the monorail from the Contemporary in the evenings. It is loaded with people from MK taking it to the TTC, so they can’t get on because there is no room.

My guess is the CMs at CBR will just send every 5th or so cabin empty, so that Riviera guests can board.

It’ll only really be a problem first thing in the morning, when loads of people are trying to get to Epcot. Going to DHS in the morning won’t be a problem, all the cabins will return from IG empty. Coming back from Epcot won’t be a problem, and coming back from DHS would only be an issue if it’s at a time that lots of people were trying to get to Epcot, maybe for the evening show, or EMH, or Candelight Processional etc.

Capacity per cabin = 6-8, a cabin every 10 seconds or so, speed is around 11mph (except through stations and turns). 3-5 minutes per leg, longest leg I think is CBR to IG because it has Riviera and the Boardwalk turn, so total hourly capacity is 4-5 K depending on how full they load them.

1 Like

The capacity discussion on other boards get way beyond “geeky”. The general consensus seems to be that hourly capacity will ultimately be roughly equal to bus service. The “empty car” scenario has also been discussed as a possible solution to the Riviera Station Situation. But ultimately, it’s all still guesswork.

The hourly capacity will be way beyond the bus capacity. 20+ people will be boarding every minute. Even if only half are heading to each park, that’s far more than the buses could take.

I think with the trends for everything else, I know what the solution will be: $5 per person per trip, $10 during peak times.

1 Like

But you can always use one of your FP+ (tier 1, of course).

1 Like

:laughing:

don’t give them any ideas :laughing:

If you think Disney needs my help to think of ways to make money you are either giving me a great compliment or them a great insult!

2 Likes