Go for VIP, or extend stay?

This was my Dad’s motto as well! He also would say, “you can’t take it with you when you go…might as well spend it”. I am not sure he meant I should spend so much at Disney, but that was how I have interpreted it I guess. :wink:

2 Likes

Oooh! And you’ll get to trick or treat! I know that’s not really a thing in the UK, but at MNSSHP they strongly encourage everyone to do it, including adults. Free candy and fruit snacks!

Your money, your discretion :wink:

1 Like

OK, I need to be stopped.

I’ve completely lost it.

I’ve booked: dessert party for MK, and for Star Wars, and Brown Derby to get priority viewing for Fantasmic.

Does anyone need to buy a kidney? I have two. I’m sure I don’t need both.

3 Likes

Your trip sounds amazing! Those dessert parties are so much fun and the HBD package includes an appetizer! Great job!

:joy:

I know the feeling… we just decided to arrive a day early for our November trip and booked an OKW studio for that night (but that’s actually saving me money… flying on Saturday evening was $210 less per person, times 4 people, than the cheapest Sunday flight, which was at stupid o’clock in the morning and it’s a holiday weekend here so we won’t be missing work/school/dance anyway) and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for 2 kids plus switching out Christmas party plans to what would have been our arrival evening so we can do Cali Grill or maybe the Galactic dessert party on the night we had been planning to do the Christmas party.

And then I might have convinced my sister to have a 2-day girls trip in September for Food & Wine, because we’ve got DVC points to use and we’ll have 2 more military hoppers available this year, plus we’re now saving on our November trip… I blame my envy of your trip!

1 Like

Personally I have never used the VIP experience at Disney, but I have at both Sea World and Universal and I will tell you that the VIP service at Universal is worth every Penny! I couldn’t believe how enjoyable our experience was, and vowed that it was the only way I’ll ever do Universal again. I know this don’t help with answering if you should stay longer, but I thought I chime in with a "if you are willing to drop the cash on the Universal VIP package, DO IT, and you won’t regret it.

1 Like

All three of those make seeing the evening shows less stressful. I doubt you’ll regret doing them. The dessert party for MK is totally worth it this year. The crowds for the new show will be insane for a while.

1 Like

Yes, I was motivated by (a) the desire to have the best experience possible, but also (b) the desire to have as little stress as possible.

I’ve made my peace with the fact that Disney holidays are insanely expensive. I last had a proper holiday four and a half years ago, and I’m not thinking of another for at least another two years.

3 Likes

Just bagged a pair of tickets for the Rivers of Light dining package at Tiffins :smiley:

3 Likes

That is a great value and an amazing meal!

1 Like

In the end I decided against the VIP tour at Universal (which I admit sounded much better than the Disney one) because of a fear of it being a bit of a long slog, and a bit of a conveyor belt. Also, doesn’t queue theming make it a pity to miss some of the queues?

I may buy Express passes on the day if it feels like that would benefit me, but on the days I’m going, crowd calendars suggest it shouldn’t be too busy.

2 Likes