Give me your Spirit airlines reviews

I’ve defended this business model, but you’re right, there’s no excuse for the deception in pricing. Outrageous.

3 Likes

The problem with this is how do you escalate the issue? I don’t think the people on chat have very much authority to do anything. I haven’t tried a phone call but I suspect similar from the call center.
There really should be a public relations or corporate email that you can contact.

1 Like

Yeah. I really wish I had a way to communicate my experience. I’m thinking they don’t care, honestly.

So, my wife and I have decided we will never use Spirit again. Lying to customers becomes an automatic no. If we weren’t flying out tomorrow, I’d almost be tempted to cancel our flights (although…they won’t give you a refund so no point in doing that).

2 Likes

I’m wondering if you were seeing the cost to add a bag and pick your seat.
That’s how it appears at least to me as I’m looking at the site now.
I don’t see a way to only add your bag online, but I know you can pay to only check a bag at the airport.

They offer that as well. But there is a separate place to just add a bag, and it is priced out separately. The bundle costs more than JUST adding a bag, but saves a bit of you want to also pick a seat, etc.

I just don’t see - nor have I experienced - any bag added costing that much per person.

This is what I find in a quick google search for bags only

And when I went through a mock booking right now for tomorrow I got an offer to add a bag and a seat for just a little more than you quoted ($91 if it matters)

I feel there’s been some kind of misunderstanding. Which, if there has Spirit should communicate more clearly and advise their chat folks (who are as bad or worse than cast members on the WDW guest services line). Maybe you’ll find the cost to be more in line with what you expected when you arrive at airport tomorrow?

1 Like

Here is a screenshot of the pricing if I wanted to add just a bag, based on the website and app…

And here is the pricing that they email they sent me just a couple days ago said…and it was Specific to my flights…

1 Like

I see that you don’t appear to be logged into the app? That could matter a whole lot

I’m just hoping to find something that makes sense and saves you money as compared to what you think you’ll be spending. I’m not looking to argue.

1 Like

I did it both ways. I even went into my specific flight and tried to add a bag to the existing reservation. The prices they gave matched what that screen shows.

1 Like

We just decided not to bother. We aren’t paying them more money. We were willing to pay the $35 each way until they pulled this.

We now have three personal items fully packed and ready to go.

2 Likes

I mean even doing the booking right now it’s selling me add a checked bag for $43 ($42 if I’m a Saver)

I’m trying to figure out why you’re getting different numbers

The customer service rep said this time (as well as another frim.a previous interaction) that they change prices dynamically… so the price you see now won’t be the price you see in a few days, hours, or even minutes.

But in this case, my issue is that they sent me an email with my flight information and then gave that pricing chart to add bags to the booking. It clearly shows the price before and at check-in. But when you go to actually do it, they charge more. So the email is a blatant lie.

2 Likes

Well, I’m sorry it worked out that way for you

I haven’t seen that happen yet (I rarely add a bag at booking), but I’ll be on the lookout going forward and will report back if it happens to me.

Safe travels!

1 Like

I am trying to embrace my inner Elsa and let it go.

So far I haven’t been terribly successful. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

DITTO! And they are so cheap on Spirit compared to the major airlines where they are technically first class. Also for me not touching strangers reduces anxiety for me so I’d choose this every single time over SWA.

2 Likes

Plenty of opportunities in that email to add something like “dynamic prices” or “warning - prices may vary”.

If not a lie per se, it’s at the very least misleading IMO.

1 Like

Not too long ago (a couple hours ago), I received essentially the identical email, this time for the flight back home. It has my flight information, and lists the bag pricing for Super Savers Club members, to which I am a part of. Again, it lists the prices as BEFORE check-in, AT Check-in, and AT Airport.

I clicked on the link to add bags within a minute of receiving the email…and once again, the pricing offered is way higher.

I am not sure how that is anything but a lie. Not sure what else to call it.

2 Likes

Wow!

1 Like

I’m wondering if it’s just incompetence. Where the visual block is auto generated for every flight with the lowest prices (not flight specific).
I can’t find the emails they sent me at the moment on my phone but if I can find it, I’ll post a picture to compare.
I also had a bad experience with Spirit customer service not able to really help me. Eventually, she did give me a work around in chat but it was very odd that she couldn’t just do it for me. So I wonder what kind of authority the chat people even have.

1 Like

Yes this. Agree.

2 Likes