Gifts for characters

Can the characters accept “gifts” from little ones? My girls have been drawing pictures to give to the princesses and I would hate for them to not be able to accept them and therefore having disappointed little girls. I feel like I have read of them accepting things like this, but I just wanted to double check. Anyone have any experience with this?

1 Like

Ariel accepted a dingle hopper from my niece but only after my niece insisted multiple times. Chip accepted a trading pin from my nephew again with nephew insisting multiple times. I can’t imagine a drawing or child’s art work would be turned away. Especially if the child insists they made it just for the character and wants to leave it with them.

1 Like

Do prepare your little one for the fact the character handler might have to accept (“hold on to”) it for the character. Safe keeping it for later :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks @AuntB_luvsDisney that is just the reassurance I was looking for!

We gave Rapunzel a cheap hairbrush and Ariel a plastic fork at the Bon Voyage breakfast. They both made a big deal over the gifts. I think it might depend on the context a bit, but I think they can take it as long as it’s not anything of value.

1 Like

Ooooh! Great idea! I’ll have to see if the girls want to paint/decorate some plastic forks.

After a tip off a few years ago we took shiny things for the Jawas in HS. We tried to trade shiny bouncy balls with them, which ended up in great chaos, as they threw them everywhere and had my little ones chasing all over the place. Great fun and great memories but I think the Jawa got a bit fed up as my two wouldn’t give up!!!

1 Like

The characters at the Bon Voyage breakfast were very interactive, so having something to give them was great. It spurred on the interaction. I did see both Rapunzel and Ariel show the character manager what they got and get a nod in return, so I suspect there are some things they can’t accept.

2 Likes

What a fun memory! I hope they bring the Jawa trading back as we are huge Star Wars fans. I know we all would have loved that. They discontinued it last summer a few months before we went unfortunately.

I can tell you, from personal experience as a “Friend” to multiple Characters, that this is no big deal. The Chaperone will hold on to it. I still have a few drawings and trinkets given to me from children / fans almost 15 years later.

8 Likes

Awww! That’s sweet! And here I figured they would just end up in a trashcan.

1 Like

A lot of art work and such got posted in the employee trailers and dressing rooms. I confess some things didn’t always make it that far or go home. It does help the Character interaction. When Characters know you / the children are interested it perks them up.

4 Likes

My niece is all about Goofy! She is taking her first trip in December. I might see if she wants to draw him a picture. I am getting her a “I wanna hug Goofy!” T-shirt. I just want Goofy, or “Goopy” as she calls him, tonknow that she is his #1 fan!

3 Likes

Growing up, Goofy was my favorite character too!

1 Like

I saw this today and wanted to share…

4 Likes

When I went in April and left my daughter at home she drew a picture for me to give Cinderella since she couldn’t be there. Cinderella ooohed and ahhhed over it and it was one of the best interactions I had that trip.

2 Likes

“. . . starting a petition to put my face on more Disney junk.” This is so perfect!

1 Like

Ideas of gifts to give Pluto, besides drawings?

A tennis ball?

1 Like

A little plastic dog bone maybe?

2 Likes