Gideon's virtual que gone?

You’re late to the table. We went all the way around and had this whole discussion already LOL

3 Likes

Here’s where I posted my financial analysis. There is more discussion on the topic before and after this post/

2 Likes

I’m with you. Golden Oak all the way.

4 Likes

If you’re going to do it, you may as well do it right!

3 Likes

I’m happy living in AZ, so the most likely outcome for me is that when I retire, I’ll buy more points so DW spend a month or so a year in WDW, including a week with our kids and their families every few years.

2 Likes

One owner - and that includes trusts and other incorporated entities - can own a maximum of 4000 points at any one resort and an aggregate maximum of 8000 points across all resorts.

1 Like

Except for those who already owned more than that, because there is such a thing as the 10k points Club.

1 Like

Then there must’ve been a period where there was no limit, because in the offering document I have from my last purchase in 2010, the limits were 3000 per resort and 5000 aggregate.

I wonder if a (large) group of people could all pool their resources and share a Golden Oak home? They are huge so multiple groups could use it at a time and we all take turns over the course of a year.

3 Likes

So you mean like…a timeshare. :laughing:

3 Likes

What would we call such a thing?

TPVC?

2 Likes

That’s our end game as well. DS and I both were physically sick because of the humidity that’s been hanging over Vegas the last 3 weeks, so full time is out for us as well.

Golden Oak does allow rentals for six months or longer. DH is a massive numbers guy, I’ll let you know where we end up. I know we have a long-ish stay planned for this year. I’m hoping the sticker shock of the cash rooms will help my cause one way or another (points or buying a place outright).

2 Likes