Gideon's virtual que gone?

Heads up. Paging Mr. Morrow posted a video from DS yesterday & the traditional line was back. Virtual was not an option.

1 Like

Well that confirms I won’t be getting them anytime soon. I might join a virtual queue if I’m already at DS, but standing in an hours long line for cookies is f’ing ridiculous.

4 Likes

That might be WHY they got rid of the virtual line…the virtual line was growing so ginormous compared to a standard line because there was no “risk” in joining a line you don’t have to actually stand in.

2 Likes

Could be. But I still think people will wait an hour.
Not me.

2 Likes

That’s wacky.

Virtual queue was perfect. Join the queue, shop/eat, get text, return, voila.

(BTW the cookies are holding up fantastically. We ate 6 while there and are down to 4 left here at home)

2 Likes

I think this varied a lot from day to day. @Jeff_AZ had something nuts like a 6 hour virtual wait. I had a mere 90minutes on a Friday around dinner time (when I was worried about a 6 hour wait!)

1 Like

Can you pay to skip the line? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

You could probably hire someone to wait in line for you.

2 Likes

Do they have Fast Pass?

Or is that the name of their all Bran cookie?

15 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Genius! Could I make enough to live on, I wonder? :thinking:

Add it to your “fun money” fund for when you move on site, pursuant to the discussion here yesterday.

2 Likes

Which discussion was that?

Can you live on cookies alone? … you might get paid in cookies :laughing:

1 Like

I’m thinking I could spend part of my day waiting in line for people and then heading to the parks later on. Or the other way round so I can get to the parks early. Cookies for lunch is OK, cheesecake or key lime pie would be better. <goes to check menu>

1 Like

mmmmmm, key lime pie :yum:

1 Like

It was in my trip thread I think - cost of home ownership vs cost of DVC point ownership so as to live in WDW permanently, albeit moving every 30 days to avoid establishing a permanent address in the resort which isn’t allowed by FL rules or something.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’d like moving every 30 days or never being in my own place. I’d rather live in Golden Oaks permanently. It really is close to WDW, I drove by the entrance accidently one day on my way to DS from the Poly. It really is ON Disney property. BTW as a kid, I spent my summers living in hotels along the FL coast. My Step-Dad was singer/lounge act and played the FL circuit for years. He also did a world tour w/ Up With People, played Radio City Music Hall (2 yrs) where I got to meet the Rockettes and climb through the catwalks of the theater as a kid.

10 Likes

Full same. Especially since our best opportunity for Gideon’s will be the last day of our trip where we are going to do a relaxed brunch/shopping day in DS. I think after a full week of carrot cake cookies and troll horns and mickey ice cream, the prospect of waiting in line for a cookie just isn’t going to do it for me.

2 Likes

I think something like 11,000 points would get you a 1-bed at OKW for a year. That’s a ballpark figure, since I think you’d need to move every 30 days, plus I think there’s a limit of how many points you can own at any one resort - not sure if there’s a total limit. Maybe 12k would be better, split so as not to exceed the resort limit.

And of course you’d need to pay dues on those.

1 Like