GFL vs. CR theme park view club levels

Going in November for 45th anniversary and planning to blow the kids’ inheritance. Which is better? GFL club level theme park view or CR club level theme park view?

2 Likes

Well, if you’re going to spend your kids’ inheritance, go for the most expensive :joy_cat:.

I’ve never stayed at either, but CR is such a short walk to MK, and I’ll bet the view is amazing.

1 Like

This is so far out of my budget I’ve never really investigated, but I thing CR would have the better view (I’ve ben to CG a number of times, and the view is great).

I’ve never stayed at either, let alone Club level there. I agree, the CR would get you up in the air a lot higher (12th floor vs 5th at best) for a much better view of fireworks and the park in general. At GF, you might be in an area that hears the ferry boat horns a lot.

What room decor do you like better? CR got a recent refurb with The Incredibles and mid-century modern. GF is more turn-of-the-last-century.

1 Like

I think the Contemporary view looks better, but I think the latest refurb is ghastly. Looks worse than cheap. My DH wants the fireworks view but I want the more luxury surroundings. I also like the short walk to MK, so that may be the deciding factor.

2 Likes

On my last trip, we had a room in CR, higher floor, lake view though. The room wasn’t horrible in person, in our opinion. Clean. Modern, but minus the characters and the over the top theming. But that’s subjective.

Maybe there could be a compromise, you stay at GF where you seem to be more comfortable with, but opt to do a fireworks cruise for one spectacular “WOW” view night of fireworks.

Also, not sure this matters, but DH was obsessed with how great the showers were in CR after the remodel.

1 Like

You can’t really go wrong with either one. The view is a bit different - CR is closer and higher and a bit less obstructed. You can find videos of the shows from both resorts, might be worth checking out to get an idea. With CR I don’t think there is any chance of having a bad view, with GF I’m not sure if some rooms can be slightly limited?

The style is obviously very different between the two. I personally don’t care too much for the GF aesthetic but I know many like it. I’m not too sure about the GF refurb either, I haven’t seen it in person yet. In the past I would’ve picked CR without a doubt.

The locations are equally good imo. From CR it’s a 5 minute walk to MK, from GF it’s a 5 minute monorail ride.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Have you used the room finder tool on touring plans? Grand Floridian wins easy, happy to spend your money for you! Enjoy!