Getting use to using the App

I have been making my touring plans on my computer at home.

I have also been having a look regularly at the App on my phone.

Because everything is a little different via the App, not a lot different, just a little different :)… I am getting concerned that I will be spending too much time trying to get use to the way the App works once I am in the parks.

Do others practice on the app before going… ?

I know a lot of people would probably make ‘mistakes’ on their first trips, and many get the opportunity to tweak things next time they have a disney holiday… but this will be our once in a life time Disney holiday all the way from Australia, so I won’t likely get a chance to get things ‘right’ the following time. I really want to try my best to make things work as well as they could/should. All in all, I am aware of trying to relax and take it all in too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I admit that I make plans, but use them more as a guideline? Even if this is a once in a lifetime trip you will not be able to do everything. I thought I was going to do everything to get 1st timers with me into a 2nd lion king show after the 1st one shut down unexpectedly. On our way to that 2nd show we stumbled upon I think they are the Merkrats? Pure magic! They were the highlight of our trip!

3 Likes

I think I’m worried because I read about how others seem to freely move things around on the ‘fly’ :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and they are always saying to relax because you can always move this or that, or re optimise etc… and I’m scared I will either wreck hours upon hours of hard work planning and tweaking… or that I will be standing in the middle of the Magic Kingdom and my family will be waiting for me to figure out my months and months of planning… and I will be having a non magical moment of wondering what I am doing.

1 Like

I will admit being a big nerd and practicing with the app. I haven’t done it a lot, but a couple times while I was watching TV I would start one of the canned TPs and check it every now and then and see what happens if I pretend to go through it.

I don’t know that I learned a whole lot, it is fairly easy to use, but it made me feel a little more comfortable before I get there. I am with you, I didn’t want to feel caught off guard in the park.

From looking at the app I did get a little tuned into Chat and have found a couple other nice things (like the search function on the menus to find specific foods)

3 Likes

WRT to “using” the app, mostly I use it as a list. So if you can open the app and see what’s next, you’re using it - at least as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

I’ve only used the app to look at wait times for an upcoming ride. I like to print my plans out and look at a hard copy rather than use the app.

2 Likes

I always bring a printed copy in case of technology fail.

I’m a nerd.

2 Likes

grab a practice touring plan and play away @VJB!! don’t be shy! just pick any plan, save it as practice_run and erase two or three atractions. Rearrange the order. Re-optimize and reevaluate a couple of times. And add the same attraction 3 times. do it twice a week for a month… you are a pro! And if you run into any problems, give us a shout!

1 Like

guilty as charged of print copies too!!! :blush:

2 Likes

pop quiz @VJB… what’s the difference between evaluate and optimize?

Evaluate keeps them in the given order, just updates the times.
Optimize can totally rearrange things. Watch out you don’t do that, if you don’t want it!

1 Like

you get a virtual margarita @mkmuzzy!!!

3 Likes

ahhhh yes, correct answer… too quick! :slight_smile:

Thanks, @quicha! That looks mighty tasty right about now! That’s one I can enjoy any hour of any day.