Getting to MK on Princess Half Marathon Day

Hello! We are going to be in Disney during the Princess Half Marathon. We are not doing the run however My plan for that day was to hopefully get 8am breakfast at BOG and if that wasn’t possible then to do rope drop. I didn’t realize it would be difficult to get to MK early. Is this going to be impossible? Would getting an uber to Fort Wilderness and then the boat over be an option? Or another MK hotel? My dining window opens tomorrow!!:slight_smile:
Thanks for your help!

Hi Julie!
We were there in 2019 during the Princess Half. I had a PPO BOG ADR the morning of the half and shared your same concerns! After much investigation, I ended up switching my MK day to a different day because I was advised by others on another forum that traffic until 11am is a nightmare. They use part of the lanes of World Dr for the marathon, so it creates backups until mid-morning.

Have a great vacation!

1 Like

I checked out of WL this past February on Princess Half Marathon Day. We had a rental car and Waze was able to guide me away from the area but traffic was grid locked in the other direction. I cannot imagine that you could get to the resorts.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your replies! Would we be able to get to HWS? I was planning on HWS for Sat and MK for Sunday based on the crowd calendar. I could just switch these days…unfortunately MK looks alot busier on the Sat.

HS and AK would be your best bet for that day!

1 Like

You might want to check the route for the 10k on Saturday?

1 Like

Agghhh… I didn’t realize there was a run that day :roll_eyes:… Wishing we booked a week later!

It is a shorter race so the roads will clear earlier and I am unsure of the impact to MK but others can help!

1 Like

Tagging @DumboRunner because I think she is running the 10K??

1 Like

Thank you! I’m trying to find maps and it looks like it is mostly contained to epcot? So I’m not sure if this will impact MK or not. My dining opens tomorrow! Thought I had everything figured out :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

We will be travelling from Port Orleans FQ if that makes a difference!

Looking at the map we should be able to go to VISTA Blvd and get to MK that way and bypass Epcot for the 10k run on Saturday… Do you think this is right?

10K is Saturday and is run around and in Epcot including Boardwalk area. Traffic in and out of Epcot will be affected from 3am to probably9am-ish

Half marathon is Sunday. It starts in Epcost, gets to MK at about mile 5, gets out of the park at about 7mile, out of the parking lots, then on to World Drive and back to Epcot. So traffic impact in and around Apcot and MK as early as 3 am, through about 10am.

Both parks are open, but you cannot get everywhere. Last runners leave MK likely about 8am-8:30am ish

3 Likes

@DumboRunner thank you so much! Very helpful information! So I’m making a last minute change to our plans before our reservation window opens in the am! We will do MK sat and HWS Sunday! Thanks for your help!

2 Likes

Glad it helped despite my typos :-):crazy_face:

1 Like