Getting Covid After a Disney Trip

LOL my DS said they kept doing it… he looked at them several times and then said something. He was in the SM line alone. No escalation. What can you say?

2 Likes

He’s young!

1 Like

my school age kids ask us to cancel our trip because they’d rather not go if they have to wear masks - to them it just wouldn’t be enjoyable :pensive:

2 Likes

Masks really are not a problem. I just recommend bringing changes if it’s going to be hot.

1 Like

yes, but shaving :wink: But thank you. I do remind that WDW is PG. Teenagers are their own breed. The creepers were a small group of teenage girls. I teased him that they were just trying to flirt. He was not amused. He’s taking the C-19 seriously LOL.

2 Likes

I’ll ditto this. Masks were, for us, the biggest thing we were worried about with the trip. And, well…after 9 days in the parks, 7 people, the masks really were not a big deal, even with temps hitting between 95-103 degrees each day. Would we have preferred to not wear them? Sure. But it ended up being no big deal at all.

3 Likes

Anybody else channeling this while reading this thread?

7 Likes

Thank you both for sharing this. I just can’t get myself used to having a mask on my face and it continues to feel like an annoying battle every day. Maybe my face is just sensitive to things like this. I don’t have a trip planned (yet), but am definitely worried about the feel of masks all day in the parks. Maybe it’s more doable than I think, and we can always take food breaks to also get a mask break. I think masks will be required for quite some time.

1 Like

I cried when I bought my DS his first razor. Moms know shaving has nothing to do with maturity!

2 Likes

no, but now I am… I’m not sure if I should thank you or not :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t know what “this” is. Patrick Swayze suggests…Dirty Dancing? (I’ve never actually seen it, so I don’t know if that’s correct.)

1 Like

they hate wearing them - they’d rather just stay home so we’re gonna cancel

… I just. You’ve never…?! It’s like I don’t understand you at all. Yes it’s Dirty Dancing.

5 Likes

Well, the likes of Gregory Hines, Danny Kaye, and Gene Kelly are more my vibe when it comes to dancing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You look pretty good for being like 95.

ETA: What about Fred Astaire?

3 Likes

Oh, sure, sure. That’s why I said the LIKES of. :slight_smile:

Thanks! :wink: (My mom used to always say she preferred to tell people she was much older than she actually was, because it meant people would go, “Oh, wow! You look great for your age.”)

3 Likes

To me, that movie is a bit more about nobody puts Baby in the corner than dancing.

And Patrick Swayze . . .

3 Likes

Definitely some are more sensitive. I felt bad for my DD’s age 17 and 20 because the mask created some break out issues with their skin on our trip. It was 8 days of wearing masks for at least 8-10 hours. What are the temps like where you are? I live in the Pacific NW. I find the worst time to wear a mask is when it’s in the 60’s and raining/humid. 90’s and humid is actually much more comfortable. Counter-intuitive, but there you have it. On our way to the airport I had a moment of panic thinking there was no way I could wear the mask that long. But after the first day it really wasn’t a big deal.

Yeah. This is consistent with my experience. Masks feel worse in cooler temperatures. When it was hot out, we felt hot, sure, but the masks were barely noticeable by comparison.

But when I go into stores with masks on here, the masks actually feel much more confining and hot. I think this is because your hot breath is warming the mask and face, and you notice it. But when the temperature is 100 degrees outside, the 98.6 degrees coming from your body is actually COOLER. :wink:

The flip side, is we found the masks very comfortable on our National Park trip when the temps were lower and our breath helped warm us up! We drove up to Crater Lake on June 28 to snow and temps in the mid-30’s. Mask felt pretty good. :grin:

1 Like