Getting bit by the bug

Me either.

2 Likes

Cure! There is no cure.

1 Like

I just had a baby, so the “the bug” is super intense wanting to get her there haha

2 Likes

Yes there is. Another trip to Disney!

1 Like

We’re supposed to be skipping 2020. I just priced out three resorts with the new bounce back and the Club Level at Gran Destino is calling my name. Please be available with the BB and for our 2020 dates!

3 Likes

I don’t really have the bug, because for me it was the opposite. I like planning trips and WDW felt like more work than any other trip has. The work was worth it and we had lots of fun, but I wouldn’t say more fun than other trips have been. I wouldn’t say less fun, though, and Disneyland is on the list of destinations we’re considering for March break. And both Disneyland Paris and Japan are appealing, as add-ons to trips to countries I already love but haven’t explored enough/almost at all, respectively Reading people’s trip reports makes me happy other people get the bug though. :smiley:

Hello all,
This is my first post, I just came across all this information a few weeks ago and have been trying to soak it all in.
We planned our first Disney trip about a year and a half ago, thinking it would be something we could do every few years with our family, but have already been down a few more times since then - and now currently planning a trip for the first week in December. Never thought we would be bit by the Disney bug so hard, but here we are.
Looking forward to learning even more about planning to make the most of our trips!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Yes, Welcome to the forum and the Bug.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!! We’ll be there the first week of December too!! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m excited for December, we are only there for 3 nights since it was a short, last minute trip, but are doing the Christmas party, so really looking forward to it! My daughter loved the Halloween party so I’m hoping this will be just as much of a hit, especially since it’s my favorite time of the year.
We have three other trips also in the works so it looks like the bug won’t be going away anytime soon :grimacing:

And now I’m officially jealous of you! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:woman_facepalming:t2: We (ok me) went a little overboard after buying into DVC. I have had so much fun planning and learning a little bit more every trip that it’s been hard to say no :grimacing:
Plus now that I’ve found all this information I don’t think it’s going to help me cut back. :joy:

2 Likes

Welcome, hope you find everything you’re looking for. If not feel free to ask.

Looks like you might be Annual Pass material.

1 Like

We did after our second trip! Annual passes have been a huge savings.
Still trying to figure out the best timing to buy flights and if the Dining Plan is worth it for us or not.

1 Like

Yes, check out the numbers on the DDP. My wife and I used to purchase it every trip. Two trips ago after running the numbers we weren’t coming out ahead. Now it’s out of pocket and we figure were saving about $500. We used to also buy it for the convenience of using the Magic Band. The fact is you don’t have to have DDP but rather just an account attached to your Magic Band and meals get billed to that instead of DDP when you use your Magic Band to pay. Flights are a crap shot. Sometimes it pays to book way out and other times you can book a month out and save. Advantage of booking early is that you get the flights and seats you want before they are gone.

Wow, I didn’t realize it would be that much of a difference, I will definitely need to pay a little bit more attention on our next trip to see if it’s worth continuing. We have been doing a lot of the character dining with our little one, which seem like they would be a lot out of pocket every time, but on the flip side we tend to bring a bunch of snacks home with us to use up all of our credits on the last day, so I wonder how much we would actually be spending.

Went in February of this year…that lasted about a month before I had a long weekend planned for my wife’s birthday in August. That lasted about 2 weeks before we planned another long weekend this past Veterans’ Day weekend (although, to be honest, we stayed at Hard Rock at Universal…for the 1st and last time)…and we go for a week in January!

I’m pathetic…SO much worse than my wife…but it’s her fault…she encouraged the first trip. :slight_smile:

We are trying with all of our might to find a way to move to the area within the next 5 years. We both work in Finance (operations side), but my job absolutely can’t move…her’s might can.

All I can tell you here is that we used to do the same with snacks because there were way more than we could use. Now on meals with character or not, the prices are pretty much the same whether out of pocket or DDP. Believe me Disney is not selling the DDP at a loss.

1 Like