Getting additional FPs?

Some people indicate that they have good luck getting more fast passes after using their first 3 early in the day. Others say that the lines are too long and all the good fast passes are gone by noon.

I’m trying to decide which is a better strategy: Schedule FPs early and try to get additional ones OR schedule the FPs throughout the day for just the longest waits. . .

So my questions are. . .

1. In early June, if we finish all of our fast passes by noon, is it likely that we could get fast passes for any of the following attractions: BTMR, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbitor, Buzz Lighyear?

For example, we’re going to do FantasyLand our first day in MK at rope drop. I could get FPs for Peter Pan, Ariel Under the Sea and Barnstormer. Then I can try to get others for later in the day (BTMR, Jungle Cruise). Or I can just assume all short lines in Fantasy Land and get FPs for later in the day.

Advice?

1. I realize I can’t book additional FPs from my device in the park. If we’re on an afternoon break in our resort, can I schedule another FP from my laptop?

Thank you! Our FP day is coming up soon and I’m second guessing everything I thought I knew.

I believe that the TP folks are working on tools to evaluate the availability of FPPs during the day, but I’m not sure when it will be ready for prime time. My gut feeling is to make the best plan possible using 3 FPP reservations rather than going for early FPP reservations and hoping for useful choices once you use them up.

[quote=“adw531, post:1, topic:11084”]
Others say that the lines are too long and all the good fast passes are gone by noon[/quote]

Regarding the first point about lines being too long, I think that’s overblown. Sometimes the lines look long, but there are often a lot of kiosks and you still save a lot more time than you would waiting in line for the attraction you’re getting FPP for. I don’t think I waited more than 10 minutes for any kiosks, and the only time I was really close to waiting that look was shortly before Christmas last year, when crowd levels were starting to build pretty high. Best strategy is to sent one member of your party to reserve FPP, while the rest of the group goes to the next attraction, the restroom, picks up strollers, snacks, takes photos, or any other natural breaks.

As far as the “good” FPP being gone, that’s much more likely in HS and EC, since there are fewer attractions and most people are looking for the same things (I don’t know about AK, since I’ve not yet attempted to use the kiosks there). At MK, there’s been a lot of useful stuff available when I’ve looked.

[quote=“adw531, post:1, topic:11084”]
is it likely that we could get fast passes for any of the following attractions: BTMR, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbitor, Buzz Lighyear[/quote]

You’ll definitely find FPP for Buzz and Jungle Cruise and probably later in the day for the roller coasters, though I wouldn’t wait too long to reserve those. I may be wrong, but I don’t think Astro Orbiter offers FPP.

Thank you. Your tips help!

OK, here’s a really dumb question! If there are still FPs available for all of those rides in the afternoon, why is anyone standing in the regular queues? I realize that some people have their fast passes tied up for later in the evening. What other reasons are there that people wouldn’t just get FPs? Even people not staying on site can get FPs, right? I think I’m missing something.

As long as FastPasses have been around there have always been people in the park who didn’t use any. I don’t know whether they don’t know how the system works, don’t want to be bothered, or why they tour the parks in such an inefficient manner. Part of it may just be someone who wants to ride something now, not 30-60 minutes in the future and they’ll deal with the consequences of that choice when they’re done, and then do the same thing at another attraction.

I do know that having a good plan saves time, and you’re doing that, so you’ll be in good position to get the most out of your day.

That’s strange to me but since it will work to my benefit, I’ll stop wondering! Thanks!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/fastpass_plus_availability.php