Genie on arrival day

Hi all, I feel like I’ve read so much about Genie+ but am confused about how it is going to work on our arrival day. I have already purchased a 3 day ticket with Genie+ for all three days. Our arrival day will be on a Saturday where MK is open until 10. I want to stack LLs. I plan on booking my first LL at 7. I understand that I can book my next one at 11 am, two hours after park opening but I’ll be in the air on the plane. We land about 1:30. When we land, can I book both my 11 am LL and 1 pm LL at the same time or did I “lose” my 11 am LL since I didn’t book it at 11? Ideally it would be great to arrive at MK around 4:30(?) and have my LLs stacked and ready to go. Just don’t know how many I’m entitled to!

You will only be able to book one when you get off the plane, and then you’re back to the 2 hour rule.

4 Likes

@missoverexcited is correct.

2 Likes

Is there anyone you trust that you could give access to that could book the 11AM for you? Does anyone know if that is possible?

2 Likes

Yes it’s possible. Anyone can log in as you and book, or I think anyone who is linked to you as family and friends - though not certain about that.

2 Likes

Hi - my husband is actually not going with us on this trip so I think I’m going to have him login at 11 for us

4 Likes

Great! Good luck with G+ and have a great trip!

1 Like

Thanks!

@winnieandzurg I hope you don’t mind if I tag in for this thread. I am currently looking at which park to reserve for our arrival day and I’m wondering how your experience with booking evening LL reservations went. If I reserve Hollywood Studios, how do I make sure the LL selections that I book are for after we arrive? (Side note…I’m really fearful I am starting to sound like a newb! The whole Genie+ thing and the changing rules around it have really thrown me off my planning game!)

Hi @Gnatjo - stacking LL on our arrival day worked well! I don’t know how it would work at Epcot or AK but it worked for me at MK and it would definitely work at HS. I started refreshing right at 7. I figured my only chance of getting an early evening/late afternoon time would be for JC or Peter Pan. I had to keep refreshing but JC times started moving back so I grabbed one. Since my husband wasn’t with us, I let him log on for us and he got us a Peter Pan while we were in the air. This was around 11:15 or so. By the time we landed, maybe around 1:30 or so I booked another LL. We got to MK around 4:00 or so and had three rides ready to go. I did end up booking a fourth at some point too. While it worked well, I do prefer not doing a park day on arrival day because I feel like it’s a long day and a bit stressful but this was just a three day trip so we wanted to do as much as we could. For HS, Slinky Dog goes fast so I think you could easily get an evening time if you start refreshing at 7 am.

Yes, the strategy is best for MK or DHS. I did it for MK my last trip. We are doing Epcot tomorrow for arrival day, that park doesn’t need Genie+ so skipping. (Plus we probably won’t arrive until 6:30 pm or later)

1 Like

I would love to know how it goes with Epcot! Keep us posted if you have time.

Thank you so much! One more question…when you grabbed your Jungle Cruise LL, could you have waited a bit after getting it and then tried to move it to a later time or is there not a modify option? I don’t want to drop something and lose the LL completely.

No modify only cancel and rebook which is stressful. Unless using BG1 (check La Cava) but I don’t have direct experience using that tool yet. I did the same thing - panicked at 7:03ish and booked a JC LL that was just a little too early. Decided I needed to cancel at 7:05ish. Had to Google how to cancel as it is not intuitive. Cancelled at 7:10ish. Kept watching and rebooked around 7:15ish when it got late enough. Maybe make a note of drop times during the first hour so the time patterns don’t freak you out. Good luck! JC was a great choice and saved us a 75 min standby even at 5pm.