Genie+ modifications coming?

DH is 100% not interested in learning. DD13 I wonder if she’d get distracted by something else on the app. It’s not the most linear path to book.

1 Like

Oh dear god please let this mean the end

3 Likes

The plot thickens!

2 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

That’s also the date they open ticket sales for 2023.

6 Likes

Very interesting :thinking:

Read more online ! I want to push that button :laughing:

2 Likes

All I’ll say - since @FOMOm_VA is the one who shared it is that this feels more like them giving us the two up

“Thank you for your feedback. We DGAF. Enjoy! And have a magical day!”

5 Likes

Variable pricing coming (like park tickets)??

3 Likes
2 Likes

You can still add it to future trips with a package (for the whole trip) it looks like.

I thought that’s exactly what you can no longer do

3 Likes

Yes it says “if you have already purchased a ticket or a package THAT INCLUDES G+ it will be honored”

I don’t think you can add it at this time if you didn’t already buy it that way

2 Likes

You can add it to a package or ticket up until June 8. After June 8 you won’t be able to add it anymore. And if I had to guess, I’d say that will mean variable (higher) pricing per day.

2 Likes

I really don’t think so.

The verbiage is “If guests have already purchased a ticket or package that includes Disney Genie+ service for the dates later in 2022, the service will be honored during their visit.”

It does not sound from that like it can be added. I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

I can book a package right now for later this year that includes it.

ETA: Just changed my reservation for November to include it for length of stay

3 Likes

To clarify, per DPB the change starts June 8. So buy Genie+ no later than June 7.

"Starting June 8, Disney Genie+ will only be offered for purchase through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit – we will no longer offer the option to purchase this service pre-arrival as a ticket add-on for dates remaining in 2022 and in 2023. "

2 Likes

I just went to fake-purchase park tickets and it gave me the option to add it.

3 Likes

As of right now, Undercover Tourist allows you to buy tickets with G+ still beyond June 7.

1 Like

Again I hope I’m wrong. But it wouldn’t shock me if the booking engine wasn’t updated in a timely fashion to coincide with this update.

I’m sharing word for word what the email stated. There is nothing in the email about “your guests can add it until 6/8”.

2 Likes