Genie+/LL Daily Drops

Interesting. Anyone know if there was more general downtime today?

1 Like

I never saw downtime but rides were never under 70 minutes and were mostly in the 90 to 100 range.

2 Likes

Doesn’t appear to have been any (this is posted wait times - if the ride is down, it would have a null value):

Here is the lightning lane availability today so far. While there weren’t any set drops, availability did pop up a few times later in the day for MFSR at least (probably from people cancelling):

2 Likes

Updated with additional AK times and some MK drops times.

4 Likes

Thanks! Amazing data!

1 Like

I wanted to ask about the HS times - those are the ones that have historically alternated between the hour and the half hour. When I tracked the day before that Thanksksgiving this held. With SDD, TOT, and TSMM drops.

9:32, 12:02, 2:32 5:02

There is also often (but not always) a SDD drop between 7:08 - 7:12.

I also just went to double check at 12:32 and funny enough RNRC got a drop, but nothing else.

2 Likes

I was watching the wdw stat Twitter account a couple of mornings ago and there were a series of tweets around 7:15 regarding availability of a number of attractions just beginning at that time?

1 Like

If you’re talking AM, this is not so much a drop as it is people who were looking at return times for SDD but not reserving them having their “hold” released 10 minutes after clicking.

2 Likes

It must be an 8 min hold then because at 7:08 exactly I see new, early times. So it’s a hack of not a drop!

2 Likes

WDW stat:

Note the time and the message

2 Likes

So 1:46? I’ll try that over the next couple of days and see if it’s a pattern.

3 Likes

I am confused how these two things can both be true.

1. People get different times than when they clicked on it.
  2. Times are being held when someone clicks on it.

Thinking as a programmer, I wonder if Disney would like to hold times for people, but they aren’t capable. So, instead of showing times completely sequentially as they are reserved, they are speeding up the increment of the display of times. So that hopefully something pretty close to that will actually be available when the person hits the final reserve button. Then after the 7am rush is over, the system recalculates what the next available time truly is. Once that time is shown, it very quickly escalates because this batch of times is just filling in the holes left by the 7am rush.

4 Likes

That could be! I think the 10-minute hold was a theory I read from Tom Bricker early on. It might have been truly 8 minutes or maybe what you are saying about batch release.

1 Like

Yes! I’m not a programmer and this just doesn’t make sense either to me. But it for sure happens.

2 Likes

Last couple of days they started releasing them sequentially with the morning times at 7:11. I see random ones earlier but it “resets” around 7:11. But I swear I’ve seen it reset earlier too. So just keep refreshing.

2 Likes

I have in my notes to start refreshing at 7:08 and don’t stop u til about 7:15.

3 Likes

So I just noticed FOP became available today just after 11:30 and had return times around 1:00.

Like a nerd, I then went to the data and lo and behold found that the FOP drops are approx. 9:00, 11:30, 2:00, & 5:00 as you can see here in the 4 columns of dots:

https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/animal-kingdom/avatarflightofpassage/

You may want to test further to confirm before changing the OP, but the KS drops are also showing 11:30 & 2:00.

7 Likes