Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

In other words, we’re just too greedy to make a business plan.

5 Likes

I see it as…

You can get in the standby queue (if it is still open and we have not closed it) and wait, but if you want to guarantee entry into popular ride, you will need to pay.

Ok… I’m starting to lose my relief :sob:

3 Likes

That IS the business plan. ‘Oh, it’s gonna be crowded on this day per the reservation system? We-e-e-elll then. 7DMT is gonna be $20 pp.’

6 Likes

That does seem to be the only way to read that.

1 Like

Well if ppl can standby w/o extra cost that’s ok, but if pop rides are only w/ an extra $$$$$$ NOPE!

3 Likes

As much as it looks like it may make line waits significantly easier to manage, with so many variables, new shows, rides, and park time changes that week, I am hoping it is after the 10/1 anniversary kick off.

The first day MaxPass was kicked off was the last day of our DL/DCA trip, and even though paper passes still worked fine (and we didn’t opt to use MaxPass) it was a complete cluster.

4 Likes

I read that as you could pay X amount per attraction to schedule 2 ahead of time regardless of if you did the $15/day thing or not.

1 Like

Nah, they’re trying to dish it out slowly. Like slowly raising the water temperature on frogs :joy:

This announcement is basically MaxPass, which a lot of people liked because it doesn’t require boatloads of preplanning. So the howls of outrage probably won’t be too significant.

8 Likes

Odd how the rest of the world can make a product and put a price on it. Done.

2 Likes

That was in the 2.5m video on Disney Blog

1 Like

It could get sketchy, and I am trying to remain optimistic, but they could close the standby queue even if it is not full and force people to the paid option.

2 Likes

Tweets from Scott Gustin

Staying onsite you’ll be able to book your first Genie+ ride and Lightning Passes @7am.

Offsite need to wait until you’re in the park.

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1428092169601048588?s=20

5 Likes

The real question is how much capacity will be allotted to MaxPass cough I mean Genie - certainly lower than FP+ (which was rumored to be 80% I think). Then that drives the single ride charge-up.

3 Likes

No where has it said ONLY. It’s an option. Which is awesome.

1 Like

But then it says that the attractions - using 7DMT as an example - would not be available thru Genie+ $15/ticket/day

4 Likes

UGH! Why 7AM!? How about the night before? I wanna be able to sleep in.

Gotta get a Boarding Group
Gotta get my lightning pass
Gotta pee
Gotta … wait what?

22 Likes

That is in the long video

1 Like

My head hurts

6 Likes

If all this ticket does is get you in the door, after paying $25 for parking, I can see A LOT of angry ppl in the parks. Can you imagine flying to Disney and have to choose between eating or riding attractions b/c you didn’t know or understand the system???

10 Likes