Genie launched - start date Oct 19th

Edited to add link for confirmed start date and ride list (U.K. site not updated, using WDWMagic instead so U.K. liners can read it).

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-genie/news/08oct2021-walt-disney-world-announces-start-date-for-disney-genie-genie-and-lightning-lanes.htm

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-genie/news/08oct2021-full-list-of-confirmed-lighting-lane-attractions-and-individual-lighting-lane-selections-available-for-purchase.htm

5 Likes

As far as paid options go, this from the article:

For even more convenience and flexibility, there are two other options for enjoying our theme parks, through a queue we are introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:

• Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase) : For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon : Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort. Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories – augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World Resort and unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day if you are visiting Disneyland Resort.

• Individual attraction selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.

Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars : Rise of the Resistance – to maximize flexibility.

4 Likes

So….for $15 a day…I get unlimited fastpasses (sorry, lightning passes)…but just one at a time?

That’s…not nearly as bad as I was expecting…

19 Likes

I agree, this doesn’t sound too bad, but I bet it can’t compete w/ TP.

2 Likes

Did Genie… I mean Disney plagiarize TP?

9 Likes

For my family of 4 on a 7 day trip that adds $420 to our pricing, $600 on a 10day visit

Is it a per-day thing like we could pick you o do it for just half the time? Or is it automatically tied to length of ticket.

8 Likes

The caveat…the popular attractions are a separate paid experience…

3 Likes

that was the price for MaxPass at DL

3 Likes

That’s been covered today. The answer is yes

3 Likes

I predict a wave of massive discontent coming once folks realize the most popular attractions are NOT included in the genie+ option. That is the critical piece of news still to come - what’s included in genie+ and what isnt.

6 Likes

And DAS is evolving…

10 Likes

So basically, Genie is MaxPass…even the same price point that I paid for it at DL/DCA. I am guessing that it is $5 more on the west coast because it includes PhotoPass.

7 Likes

Did MaxPass include every ride in the park? Genie+ will not.

2 Likes

That looks promising.

1 Like

I actually think this could be a good thing also.

4 Likes

MaxPass did include all rides

2 Likes

No, only what had paper FastPass available.

Any idea on start date? Not sure what to expect for ny September 17 trip.

I hope your wrong b/c I can see ppl getting incredible angry if they to pay extra to ride ‘anything’ after they already paid for a park ticket. Can you imagine paying for a day $100+, parking and then if you want to ride SM you have to fork over more money.???

3 Likes

That’s basically MaxPass at Disneyland, right? It’s been a few years since we were there.

1 Like