Genie + for Solo Trip?

Am heading down to WDW for a solo trip & am wondering if you all think it’s worth $15 a day for the Genie+ as a solo traveler. I know some attractions have single rider lines (Test track for instance & I thought I saw a single rider sign at Ratatouille?), but is it worth spending $150 (10 days) for this or just do standby? I don’t do Space Mtn, ToT, RnRC or Everest & plan on taking advantage of the early AM entry, as I’m staying on property.

1 Like

Yes, but with a caveat

Solo traveler and/or short trip with max of 2 make it worth it to me for the $15/day

But I would NOT pay it for 10 days, especially as a solo traveler who can bob/weave and use single rider more easily than even a small group of people. I might consider it for roughly half the days

5 Likes

Can you purchase it on a daily basis or do you have to purchase the entire stay? I have a package that includes the resort & a 10-day park hopper pass. Do you purchase this for specific days or do you purchase say 5 days, then you choose when to use it on 5 days during the trip? Does it work with park hopping or is it just one park for $15?

1 Like

You can purchase day by day.

If you purchase in advance it has to be length of stay

3 Likes

I’ve got 2 solo trips - one to DL and one to WDW - coming up.

My gut is saying I WILL buy it at DL for the whole time for PhotoPass if nothing else. But the week I’m going is apparently the week that “all of Tucson goes to Disneyland” because there is a big rodeo in Tucson and a lot of Northern California has “ski week” where some “ski” in Disneyland. So I’m anticipating it being really busy so I’m looking at it as I can at least get on some rides with minimal waits.

The week I’m going to WDW in August was super dead this week - and historically is a pretty low crowd time. So I’m planning on waiting to see how exactly it is and will do day-by-day if necessary.

3 Likes

This is a definite consideration for DLR

3 Likes

I’m in the same boat but I’m only there for 4 days. Like you, I don’t do many of the “Big Rides” but want to get everything else in. I think I’ve decided to buy it for my MK days (so far I’m planning two). I may Park Hop over to AK one day to do Navi & KS. If so, I’ll make sure to do it on a day I start in MK so I will have already purchased it. I’ll do the same if I decide to hop over to HS for MMRR & TSMM. I don’t plan to buy it for my EPCOT days. Not sure when you’re going but I’ll be there beginning of November. I’ll let you know how it goes. Fingers Crossed!

1 Like

I agree with @OBNurseNH. I would buy it for a short solo trip but probably not for a 10-day trip. With 10 days you can take a slow pace and just hit 7-8 rides a day and try to time things right to miss the longest lines (rope drop, pre-close, extra evening hours, early entry, etc.).

On the other hand, $150 isn’t that much for 10 days, so personally I might splurge.

2 Likes

This is me too. IME - There’s a “sunk cost” into going to WDW, especially for that long. Adding in an additional $150 is about 3% - 4% more to the cost for me.

The one thing in life that we can’t get back is time. That’s why we are all here. We value our time so much that we pay for a planning service to maximize it. This is why I’ll buy G+ in conjunction with TP.

Paying $150 / person for “piece of mind” / flexibility is worth it to me. I’ll still use single rider and low waits too! (I’ll do an IAS or two as well!)

2 Likes

Am there in early November as well. Touring Plans is predicting low crowds through most of my trip, so I’m wondering if I should just pay for a high ticket item like Rise of the Resistance? Do you pay a flat fee for 1 ride or can it be used multiple times on the same attraction?

You just took me right back to my childhood and Rodeo Weekend! (I grew up in AZ outside of Tucson.) I haven’t thought about that in years. Of course, we never went to the rodeo.

2 Likes

I got that info from the Disneyland section of the DISboards.

1 Like

You pay one price to ride the ride one time which seems a bit much so I’m going to try to hit Rise at the end of the night. Who knows, though. If it’s super long line and if I feel like I MUST ride it, then I might change my mind.