Gators

I think it’s the word curds that’s putting me off.

1 Like

They’re really no different than other cheeses - they just haven’t been pressed into little rectangles or wheels for aging and selling.

Then come up with a nicer name! Cheese yummies. With fries and gravy. (It is gravy like I’d understand, right? Not some weird American nonsense?)

2 Likes

He’s talking about eating gators and rattlesnakes and you’re worried about curds???

3 Likes

Yes. Meat is always good. Dairy is questionable.

Except weird meat, like sweetbreads.

That word bothers me too. I try not to think about it and just chomp down on the ooey gooey cheese bite

1 Like

Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet
eating her cheese yummies and whey.

Nope doesn’t have the same ring.

Wasn’t it you Brits that came up with the word “curds”?

2 Likes

Wait , i thought you called them chips. Do fries mean something else?

It was something of a misfire.

I tend to speak American on this site, as you are almost all foreigners.

2 Likes

My DS19 insists we need to get the gator tail the next time we go to Spoon’s Place.

Tell you what, you think Poutine is bad, (and this Midwest boy has no clue what it is), Try Lutafisk. The Norweigians love it. My father-in Law got me to try some. Damn near killed me. :nauseated_face: Take a perfectly good Cod fish and soak in in lye, then cook it. Quit the hit here in Fargo. :skull_and_crossbones:

2 Likes

that was such a horrible, sad story so i can understand your wifes angst
i think there is nothing to worry about, but not sure how to convince her

2 Likes

Idk man — I’m with you. I think mac & cheese is disgusting, only topped by how repulsive poutine is. Barfffff.

2 Likes

I just realized that I always read that as curls. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I’m with OP DW. I won’t walk around anywhere in FL outside of a parking lot and theme park. I look out the windows before we walk from the rental to our car.

You have to admit cheese curls does sound a bit more appetizing.

2 Likes

Indeed!

LOL

1 Like

A few years ago my cousin got married in Daytona my Aunt and Uncle took us out to eat at Aunt something or other and I had mako shark and gator bites omg was it good. DD had a gator burger and still talks about how good it was.

1 Like

Standard brown gravy such as you might put on a roast.

2 Likes