Garden Grill breakfast fruit

In the pictures I have seen it looks like a sort of mix of fruit including melon. I am not allergic to melon per se, but I find any kind of melon - even the taste remnants on other fruit if it is mixed in. :nauseated_face: (yes, I avoid drinks with Midori for the same reason).

Does anyone know if you can request melon-free fruit when you get there? Or should I just ask for no fruit so it does not get wasted?

I can only say that WDW is SOOOO good with food allergies. DS18 has a severe nut allergy, and we have always felt comfortable that they took it seriously and made accomodations as needed. We haven’t done GG yet (it’s on our January trip!) but when we did breakfast at BOG, they brought him out his own separate plate of pastries that were nut-safe. I would bet they would be able to do something similar for you at GG. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My girls are a big fan of strawberries. When I asked if we could just get more strawberries she said that she could do strawberries and blueberries. It makes me think the berries are prepped separately from the melon.

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you! I will ask for berries only when my server comes!! Not a huge blueberry fan, but I can tolerate those. They don’t flavor other food like melon does!

1 Like

I am the same way. I can’t eat fruit salad if there has been cantaloupe or honeydew in it. Watermelon I do love though.

1 Like

Not gg, but Akershus was happy to give my melon and banana allergic wife a plate of just berries.

1 Like

I’m glad it’s not just me! Most of my friends think I am nuts not eating melon. I just cannot stand the taste! (Like I said, I will even avoid a drink where I love everything else in it if there is Midori. I don’t like melon that much!)