Game Plan for DHS/EPCOT - Sunday 7/24!

Sunday, 7/24 is my scheduled day for DHS and EPCOT. It has been 11 years since my friend that is traveling w/ me has visited WDW and I am trying to plan her favorite (ToT) and then hit all the new stuff she has yet to experience. The 24th is the only day in our busy schedule that we have for DHS & EPCOT with our priorites sitting mostly in DHS (will rope drop ETPE) but definitely would like a shot (or two) at riding GOTG. That evening we have reservations at Flying Fish at 5:35 as part of the Epic Liner Meet festivities.

After reading through the entire BG1 thread, I will be setting it up for my phone. Friend is not overly tech savvy so I am hesitant to have her do so.

With all that, I am looking for some guidance as to a game plan to achieve all of our goals for the day, if possible!

DHS priorites (in order)
ROTR
MFSR
TOT
SDD
TSMM
AS2
Frozen Sing Along
ST
Muppets
MMRR

We also have an Oga’s reservation at noon.

All of the above is currently in a touring plan that ends at 2pm and I marked ROTR as using an ILL. I am hoping that we can end earlier using BG1/Genie+, but the TP shows it is all technically feasible.

Our EPCOT priority is GOTG, and I am willing to do both VQ and ILL if we could possible ride twice …but we need to do so in between 2pm and 5pm in order to make it to Flying Fish by 5:35pm.

So given all that…here are the questions:

I figure I can have my friend grab ILLs for both GOTG and ROTR at 7am since neither can be done w/ BG1. Which do you think she should try for first?

What would be a good game plan for me at 7am given our list of priorities at DHS and wanting to grab a VQ for GOTG? Thoughts?

I think RotR should be first priority.

The only way you can get a BG for GotG is if there are some left when you enter the park after 1.47 - which is possible. So you can concentrate on the LL. Maybe TOT since it only has one side running at the moment, or whatever Jeff’s post lists as highest priority which must be SDD.

3 Likes

Friend gets RotR then GotG
You can’t get BG because you either need a park reservation for Epcot or be in the park for 1:00 time. So focus on just LL. I would get early LL for ToT and RD SDD. After SDD go to MFSR. We did this recently and walked on MFSR. If you got an early TOT you can head there next. Get next LL which could be TSMM or MMRR…

1 Like

I forgot about the darn having to have a park reservation for the VQ.

I was trying to get an opportunity for my friend to ride twice, but I am sure she will be okay with once. I will be back at EPCOT the following day (she is heading home) so I will have a couple more chances at it.

1 Like

Yep I still haven’t wrapped my head around park reservations entirely. I used to head to AK first thing in the morning and be back before my family woke up to visit our park du jour.

3 Likes

I hope you get to all of this, but in trying to manage exceptions. I think it will be very difficult to accomplish all of this by 2:00 pm given how quickly the early LL retrun times go in HS, You will need a fair amount of luck with LL availability and short lines. To me this seems more like a plan you would need to come back in the evening with a few stacked LLs to complete.

2 Likes

We can’t come back (unless WDW magically extends closing time to 11p or 12a, but not counting on that!!)

This is a wish list in priority order, if we don’t get to some at the bottom it won’t be the end of the world.

That said, the TP that I built says it is possible …but I also know that it may not be accurate so the wish list is just that.

1 Like

I would recommend looking at the Tip Board for wait times and LL return times for a few days as you get closer to your departure day so you get a sense of what things will be like for your HS day. I think HS is the most challenging park.

1 Like

Okay…this will all happen in four days…any final thoughts for a solid plan??

I have Merlock and my friend does not. So a strategy to grab an ILL for ROTR, an LL for SDD, and an ILL for GOTG between the two of us would be super helpful.

…and then a plan of attack for our DHS prioritized list (in order of importance …and it is okay if some of ones at the bottom of the list don’t happen).

DHS priorites (in order)
ROTR
MFSR
TOT
SDD
TSMM
AS2
Frozen Sing Along
ST
Muppets
MMRR

Thoughts? Strategies? Ideas?

1 Like

DHS:

Rope drop ToT, then ride MMRR.
First LL for SDD @ 9. Grab another LL, probably MFSR (or TSMM if it’s very soon).
AS2 if it’s not too busy, or move to Muppets, Frozen Sing Along, or ST. Grab another LL for TSMM when it’s available. Possibly another for AS2 if it’s too busy at first. Fill in space as needed with those short waits for Muppets, Frozen or ST.
ILL for ROTR around 12 or 1 should round things out nicely and not interfere with return times on other things too much. You’ll have another LL or 2 around there as well.

No RnRC?

At 7am, between the two of us we are looking to grab:

LL for SDD
ILL for ROTR
ILL for GOTG

I was also thinking that rope dropping ToT would be the best option (and it is a priorty for my friend)

If we snag a good LL for SDD at 7am, then we can get another LL at 9am from the list.

No RnRC this trip. Not a priority for either me or my friend when there are so many other things that are priorities!!

1 Like

I think you’ll be fine grabbing all three. I would do SDD LL using BG1 with her simultaneously grabbing ROTR right at 7. GOTG can be last–ILL is easier to get, as you probably know.

1 Like

What’s the plan for Epcot?

GOTG is the only must do and we need to be at Flying Fish for a 5:35pm ADR. Anything else is gravy.

1 Like

Easy enough.

As an aside, No, FORUM, I don’t want to send her a personal message. We are having fun discussing plans here!!

2 Likes

I’m not an expert because I have only ever bought 1 ILL and never used G+. The 1 ILL I bought was for GOTG and I had to wait until park open because I’m not onsite, I got it easily so you shouldn’t have any issues with that. :grin:

2 Likes

You are a local and therefore our go to expert–how do you think she should order her HS plan?

Being local is the problem. I don’t know how to do everything in 1 day anymore!:rofl: I stroll in leisurely whenever. Ride something I haven’t in a while, eat a nice meal then check wsit times to see if I feel like waiting in a line again!

1 Like

Good point.

@QwertySC , what do you think? You also had a great day at HS.