Galactic StarCruiser opens 2022

Nah, not that I saw… but let’s be honest, what ever it is… I will throw even more money at it cause I wanna get souvenirs and every bonus. Even if that includes building a new lightsaber.

6 Likes

When the details about Galaxy’s Edge was first revealed, there was supposed to be all kinds of interaction with CMs and portals etc.using your magic band , as well as a TS restaurant with a cabaret type entertainment.

Much of that was cut, and they put the stuff onto the Play Disney app.

I think a lot of that technology will turn up in the StarCruiser. There have been permits for installation of special effects in the building. The concept art shows pretty much the same restaurant as they had originally for GE.

5 Likes

Is there a price? Kind of.

$$$$$$$$$$

6 Likes

Some of the potential guests are full-on LARPers.

It’ll be as immersive as people want it to be. And I guess the cast will be looking for those that want to get really into it.

The trick will be to make sure that if certain trails go cold, due to them just giving up, it doesn’t impact everyone else.

3 Likes

It’s going to be very interesting to see what the price is because of the balancing act Disney will need to do here. Make it too high, only a select few will ever go and ton of bad press and burnout of interest to follow. Make it too low, and you’ll never get in anyway.

I think the bigger trick will be dealing with the super-cringe acting of the “LARPers” :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s just a generic sign up, doesn’t look like it’s just for the Galactic Starcruiser, so you’re probably not missing anything if you’re signed up for Disney news elsewhere.

I kind of gave up on this and scheduled a river cruise for 2022. Excited to see it moving along, I guess two spendy vacations in a year won’t kill me. :rofl:

What people do on cruises has always been a mystery to me, which is why we have never done one up until now. I supposed that’s why it’s only two days, which is about when people (me) will start to get bored.

3 Likes

I think I would be really bored but I’d love to get DH and DS in next summer!

2 Likes

It doesn’t hold that many people, so I think making it crazy expensive will not impact things much. I’ve seen speculation from people who make a living speculating on Disney stuff that it could be upwards of $2-3k per person.

3 Likes

And now I don’t want to get them in :joy:

4 Likes

At first, yeah they could charge 10,000/night. But like I said, bad press ensues and long-term interest could be affected.

So even if they start offering discounts people might think twice before spending the money. Especially if it doesn’t live up to hype.

I think some of the 2-night UK Disney Magic DCL sailings are close to $2k per person, so that’s not impossible.

5 Likes

That’s a legitimate concern if they go overboard. Which they can’t, the windows are fake.

Hah.

The whole thing could be cringe-y, but not too bad as long as I don’t have to do it. I’ll dress up and that’s about it. But I think people like that are kind of entertaining. I always like to see people doing their own thing and not caring if someone else thinks they’re weird or not cool or whatever, as long as they don’t interfere with things too much. It’d be fun.

6 Likes

I feel like (even as someone who generally has been asleep for an hour by 10pm) I would be expecting to be able to stay in Batuu until AT LEAST midnight! Since I was imagining that you wouldn’t be shuttled over until after park close at like 8pm or something.

2 Likes

I think it would be awesome to coordinate a trip with Liners! DH and I will be up for it! I have a large chunk saved for our next DW trip. This could get tacked on to the front or back of our trip.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was picturing basically an After Hours for Batuu as well. Seems easy enough!

3 Likes

Well, Disney has never lowered prices. So while they offer discounts occasionally, the base price still increases frequently. So I’ll be going as soon as possible, assuming that it will never be less expensive than when it first opens. Of course I will pay for it all with gift cards Received at a discount

2 Likes

After hours would be great in one way. But GE is going to be dead with a handful of people there, and it would take a lot of extra staffing. Much more likely it will be during regular park hours but with front of line access to the rides, whatever system is in use by then.

Bioreconstruct has posted pictures recently that show the place the shuttle will dock. Imagine the doors in the “rock” opening and out come a group of people from the portal. Think how much excitement that would generate.

1 Like

I’m thinking front of the line access right at/after park closing for the rides, then herd everyone into a private party at Oga’s that goes quite late if people want to stay?

I’ll bet there is going to be one LARPer that is an exceptionally bad actor that is going to turn out to be a plant (so really an exceptional good actor playing the part of a bad actor).

4 Likes

Umm… yes, please!!

4 Likes

YEESSSSSS! Yes Yes Yes Yes! PICK ME!

But I want to be on the team that wants to win, but will also laugh at ourselves the entire time!!

6 Likes