Fuelrods

Look at the second photo of it from my first post here… they are sort of tucked into the sides of the pack, and the snap in securely when you’re not using them.

3 Likes

Oh I see. I was wondering what was going on there. Is there an AC cord to plug into a regular outlet?

1 Like

It’s got a built-in plug that just flips out of the back. It’s 100% self-contained.

4 Likes

From Amazon:

5 Likes

Being an unknown brand from Amazon I was skeptical of the durability, but I have 2 that I got at the same time and they both still hold their charge and none of the cables have stopped working.

6 Likes

The other reason I ordered it.

1 Like

So you stack it in your hand with your phone while charging the phone? Or…?

We generally stick the battery in a pocket with a cord connecting it to the device.

I’m trying to think how well that would work with a kindle (my kids walking around trying to hold both a kindle and the battery in one hand).

3 Likes

I have taken out entire displays in stores this way. (I’m still not sure if I’m allowed back into Discovery Trading Co. after the last fiasco)

4 Likes

Yes, I just stack them and hold it where it sits under the device. I think 1-1.5" velcro dot would hold it tightly. I mostly only charge while using on my phone though and I charge my tablets when I’m not using them, or when they’re on a table, so I don’t know for sure how it would be to hold it under a tablet while walking around.

They do have a USB port to plug a cable into, if you still wanted to use it that way. I believe there are both regular and micro-USB ports.

3 Likes

I just got a similar one on prime day. Not the same brand. I’ll see if I can find a link. Haven’t tried it yet but got it for future trips.
Found it. Don’t remember the price I got it for on prime day. Has a nice case as well.

Remind me what the flying policy is with these. Carry on only, right? But otherwise no issues?

See below:

2 Likes

Thank you! I thought I had seen it mentioned and apparently missed it when I read back through.

2 Likes

I like the size and weight of these.

I had something similar years ago and loved having no cables. I think it was old enough it didnt have a usb c port which is why I don’t use it anymore. Plis mine didnt have the plugs on the back which is extra nifty.

2 Likes