Frozen Summer Events at HS extended

We have an ADR for Sci-fi at 11:30. Where should we try to watch parade?

@mascardofamily yes they did…some of us silly folks will pay it…celebrating birthday with SIL–it’s only $$$ :wink:

It’s funny…we paid for it, we loved it, and I would do it again, but then I saw that it was $10 more expensive for the adults, and I think I’m passing because I don’t want to pay the extra $20.

Ugh, just when I have all the ADRs set, my TP finished and all my plans printed out nice and neat, Disney tosses a wrench in my plans! Anyone know if the Frozen stuff is on the TP for HS now? Can we make the parade and a 11:25 Sci Fi ADR? Without buying the premium package?

@mascardofamily–we did it, we loved it–doing it again. I’m going to be 55 and very much in touch with the Elsa in me…dressing up again for MNSSHP the night before. Gonna be a fun birthday weekend bash!!! :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:

1 Like

A good place to be might be right in front of the American Idol Experience – I’d need to check the time stamp on the video I took, but I believe the parade ends up at the hat stage right around 11:15. At that point everything except Anna and Elsa will have passed your point (and will actually be stopped right in front of you). A&E go up on stage, do their bows for 5 minutes (which you can watch on the American Idol video screen), and then come on down right in front of you to get on their parade float. That gives you 10 minutes to either walk behind the parade or, if time is of the essence, go down Commissary Lane to get to Sci-Fi, which is about a 5 minute walk.

If you’re super worried about time, catch the parade between Crossroads of the World and the Tip Board (which would be between 11:00 and 11:15), cut through Starring Rolls and the Brown Derby area to duck behind the Hat (in front of The Great Movie Ride), and then head up Commissary Lane. (I think that would work for you @happygolucky as well….)

Worst-case scenario, if you are a few minutes late, say that you got stopped by the parade (which is true…whether you got delayed or were watching it, you still got stopped by it!) and they should give you about 5-10 minutes of flex time to make those ADRs. :wink:

1 Like

If you want to keep that ADR, I’d suggest not getting the Premium Package – you will have more flexibility about seeing the parade at the beginning instead of in the middle and be able to wind around crowds if necessary than if you’re penned in at the spot where you sit on the hot pavement for the package. Plus, if you’re doing lunch right afterwards, you might not be too keen to fill up on Mickey Bars and Frozen Lemonade cups.

Has anyone done a late arrival to DHS (let’s say 5pm) and made it to the sing-along? Our only shot is the 6pm show because we have a 7:15 ADR at HBD.

thanks @mascardofamily!

When do you think they will have the fireworks when the park closes at 8, and there is F! ? Will they be back to back?

I don’t know what they’re planning to do with the fireworks, but I’m wondering that because the fireworks are being pushed to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only, they might adjust operating hours….?

Ooh, good point @mascardofamily . I was planning MK for F, the 26th, but may do HS instead. I booked for two days just in case it sells out (and may do both if my kids love it). I can’t wait to tell them :smile:

Thank you! @mascardofamily that sounds like a great plan. Crowd calendar says HS is a 2 that day 9/9 but I am wondering if that will change now.

@mascardofamily It actually looks they extended already. The CM told me the hours for the 26th were 9-7:30, but D website says 9-9. YAY!

1 Like

When one gets tix for the sing-along, can one choose which show one wants, or is it assigned? Sorry for the cluelessness, but where exactly does one procure these tix? Thanks!

Woot!

I doubt it will change all that much – the locals have all been there/done that, so they won’t up the crowds and it is amazing how many vacationers had no clue this event was going on to begin with.

1 Like

We are in HS on 9/27. Originally park closed at 8 with F! At 8:30. Today hours were altered. Park is closing at 9, F! Is at 8 and fireworks at 8:45.

1 Like

Fireworks dessert party doesn’t make sense for us, I think, as part of the party time looks like it will be during F!

For anyone who is a fan of carrot cake, if you’re attending this event, you MUST get the Olaf cupcake. No excuses.