Frontierland suggestions for 2 yr old

I’m looking for recommendations on things to do in/near Frontierland with a 2 year old. We’ll be doing rider switch for Big Thunder and Splash with DD4 and weren’t sure what there is to do with DS2 while he waits with the non-riding parent. Thanks!

1 Like

Splash Mountain has a great play area (it is just near the exit of the ride, by the bathrooms)

4 Likes

My niece really liked that playground. We also got a fastpass for the non-riding adult for magic carpets.

CBJ and tiki birds are near by and both very entertaining. If the riding adult and 4 year old don’t mind missing one of those, could be a fun activity for the non-riders… or just double up. You can never have too many bears as birds!

1 Like

Many of these have already been mentioned, but:

Splash Mountain play area.
Watching riders splash down from bridge.
Muppets Presents Great Moments in American History in nearby liberty square.
Country Bear Jamboree.
Tiki Room in nearby Adventureland.
Hoedown Happening (is this still going?).

2 Likes

Splash takes quite a while to ride. Maybe tom Sawyer island is an option too?

3 Likes

This is pretty much my plan for our son who can’t do Splash! That part of Adventureland is pretty close by. Or cross your fingers REALLY hard for a stroller nap during the Splash FP. :innocent:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Desantam. There are plenty of things for a 2 year old to do. My heart is with the magic carpets because of the story I have with my daughter on that one. That would be good. Others include Tiki room, Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise and Pirates of the Caribbean (although both of those are a bit longer, but not as long as splash) may be options. Pirates has the drop. Not sure how a 2 year old would handle that though.

1 Like

There’s other elements also that are scary for a 2 year old on PoC, but mine took it like a champ. The cannons are kind of scary for a little kid

2 Likes

That’s true. I didn’t think about the cannons. Ultimately, the parent knows their child better than anyone else.

2 Likes

My plan for a 2yo would be Splash play area followed by Dole whip break and a ride on the Magic Carpets if there was time. Saying that, DD would have been delighted spending the whole time in the Splash play area…it’s still a must on every MK day (she’s 5). :joy:

2 Likes

Magic Carpets would be my vote. Honestly, as a young two… my kids would be fine just walking around or having a snack. Do you have a stroller?

With adults switching there really isn’t time to head over to Tom Sawyer Island. It is a great respite for the whole family as a break from the rest of the park, though. In the same situation, DH and I would likely just divide and have one parent do stuff with four year old and the other parent do stuff with 2 year old.

2 Likes

We did the play area plus riding the raft to tsi back and forth. They didn’t explore the island at all but the toddler loved the raft ride.

2 Likes

I would check the entertainment schedule, there maybe something going on around the time of ride. Depending on time, play area or tom sawyer if there are no entertainment things happening.

1 Like

Also in Adventureland is the Swiss Family Tree House.

2 Likes

Thats a fun walk through if the 2 yr old can do it.

1 Like

Also maybe catch the train from the Frontierland station and ride all the way around?

2 Likes

Train is currently closed.

2 Likes

True. I wasn’t sure when the trip was, it may be open by then. I sure am hoping it’s back open for our spring 2020 trip!

Thanks for all the suggestions!! The play area at the exit of Splash Mountain was a big hit with my 2 year old!

4 Likes