From to YC to POP

Hi liners! While reading about the current sh*tshow in FL I decided to book a Dec. trip, which is usually a given, but with a lot of other happenings in fall/winter it was starting to slowly move down the priority list. Thankfully, I came to my senses… one must simply always choose WDW- something only you amazing enablers would understand.

To justify this, my plan was to ditch the preferred location of YC or BWI, my original thought was to check out a moderate; some of you have made some super compelling points for CS, and I’ve stayed and enjoyed the convenience of the skyliner at CBR. After two VERY dirty martinis (stirred not shaken, ALWAYS), I booked POP century. We’ve never stayed value, but with a CM discount the room was stupidly reasonable and It’s on the skyliner… have I made a mistake? Have I found a hidden gem? We are child-less and don’t rope drop typically- mostly go to enjoy the ambiance and hit a few attractions a day, enjoy the resorts and revel in nostalgia. Trusted advisors, tell me your POP Century hot takes, tips and any other helpful info please!

1 Like

Personally I think that’s the best kind of trip to stay at Pop. RD for the skyliner is ridiculous, but so is the end of the night at Epcot. One of my favorite trips ever was at Pop and I ate at lots of BW hotels that trip. So easy to get around. Also if you are dining at a nother hotel you can take the bus to HS and skyline home afterwards which is excellent. The food court is pretty good there and it has 3 pools so none seem super crowded ever either. The rooms are great for a couple bc you can leave the extra bed up and use the table more like a stupid apartment.

4 Likes

We’ve requested a king room, so it seems like the room will be plenty spacious, regardless if the request is fulfilled.

Did you think POP was terribly loud? I’ve also requested the 70s building facing the lake, which is hopefully a more quiet area of the resort. But on the flip side, I’ve had some of the noisiest mornings at YC with families congregating in the hallway (not near a lobby or elevator, eye roll) at 6am… so that seems to be a potential problem no matter where you stay.

Thanks for the feedback :blush:

I didn’t find it loud at all and we had a room close to the pool at 70s.

2 Likes

My single night at YC was louder than any night at a value resort, except for those facing the pool. I think the only noise you’ll really hear is toilets flushing (which I’ve heard in every hotel category) and the occasional passer by chatting with family.

2 Likes

We had a room across from the pool in 70s, King room. It was loud in the afternoon. You could hear all the pool trivia and games. But didn’t really notice it being terribly loud at other times.

1 Like

I recently stayed in a 50s room, 3rd floor, middle of the building. It was as quiet as any hotel I’ve stayed in. :man_shrugging: Meaning not perfectly quiet, but nothing that was loud enough to wake me up.

The rooms are nice and clean. The landscaping and decor is inviting. The Skyliner access is awesome (when not down for weather or long lines), and the buses are always prompt. Maybe “hidden gem” is a bit too far, but it is a great option if you don’t need the Moderate or Deluxe amenities.

4 Likes

We stayed at Pop 3 times in 2019. It wasn’t that loud, if you don’t face a pool, are on the top floor, are far from the elevator, and can use the extra pillows to block the sound that comes through the connecting door near the floor (unless you can avoid a connecting room) from noisy neighbors. DH and I had plenty of room with the murphy bed in the up position so we could use the table. If you get a king bed, you will still have a table and chairs.

2 Likes

We stayed at Pop! on our last trip (after a couple of nights in a POR Royal room). 70s room. As others said, usual hotel noises but nothing outlandish. My mom declared it her favorite hotel we’ve stayed at on property ever (it was her first time on the skyliner). I felt it was a bit small, but manageable for our mother/daughter trip.

1 Like

I’ve stayed at Pop almost 10 times. I’ve also stayed at Wilderness Lodge, ASMo, Gran Destino Tower at CSR. The Skyliner is a game changer and I’d choose Pop every time. Easy access to Epcot and DHS as well as easy access to so many other resorts for other dining options. The space is well used at Pop. The 50’s, 60’s, and 70’s sections are so close to dining. All those decades have standard rooms that are close so I’ve never felt the need to pay for preferred.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s loud. Many people complain about Values being loud but I’ve had noise at every type of resort. I think when you end up in a room connected to another one, that’s where the noise comes from. My room requests now always state “nonconnecting room” to cut down on noise.

3 Likes

this is true

1 Like