French Macaron Recipe

@waltsgreatestfans are u kidding? You are not troubling me at all!! In fact, thanks for reminding me!! It slipped my mind and I will gladly post sometime this evening:)

2 Likes

No rush but thank you kindly :blush:

1 Like

I bought two bags of almond flour today.

1 Like

@keithloveswaffles impressive!! Are u making these yourself or is DW helping??

Hey gang!
Give me an extra day for the recipe fillings! I was on call tonight and got called in. Lots of babies to deliver tonight! Guess everyone was doing the same thing in this area 9 months ago!

4 Likes

You can bet your sweet raspberry filing that I’m making them

Though, if I get too lazy there is always http://www.payard.com/Vanilla-Makecaron_p_774.html

@keithloveswaffles…where did u find some tasty filling ideas? Tia

I have a subscription to food network magazine, and they had a macaron recipe a few months back. I made their “blueberry cheesecake”: 4 Oz cream cheese and 3tbps blueberry jam

1 Like

Anyone have any other good or tasty filling ideas or recipes? Thanks

Hey these look great! Thank you!

@glamourgirl…you willing to share your filling recipes? Thank you kindly​:v::slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, @glamourgirl! The first attempt is today!

Oooh! Let me know how they turn out!!

Will do, @glamourgirl! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I would love to make macarons, however, the amount of constants required make it pretty impossible for me. My oven for one seems to be possessed by Satan, and I have about a 25+ degree difference between what my oven reads and what temperature it actually hits. So any recipe that requires exacts (I.E. anything involving baking), I can’t do. I would love to try this though!!!

My sister had an oven like that too she bakes a lot and bought one of these cheap thermometers you just place in bottom of oven. She had a number of problems with that oven. She was so happy and spent $4500 on high end chef oven. Well it died after 3 months and she has to wAit 8 weeks for new oven. Wonder if Satan visited her ovens too?

A very successful first attempt! My 16 year old DD made them yesterday, with a tangy lemon buttercream filling. They even had the appropriate “feet” on them! She will spend the rest of the summer perfecting her technique. Thanks again for sharing, it is really the perfect recipe!

@doleaddict wow! First time success! I’m proud:) What a fun thing for your DD16…I’m sure her friends will be happy to sample!

1 Like