Free dining recovery deal

Since you booked your own backup, please ask your TA if you can transfer that booking to him/her. You can do it within 30 days of booking. They have been good to you; please be good to them too.

I canā€™t get the free dining since I have tickets, regardless if they extend it. I also have screen shots of my confirmation number, which I understand is what you need if you already moved your trip.

Actually back when I first booked our May trip when packages were released, she was on vacation. She encouraged us to book our own and transfer the booking. We did the paperwork when she came back and it never went through on Disneyā€™s end. She had to book a new booking.
Iā€™m not sure how she would lose commission by moving our resort only booking to October. We bought tickets on our own, so she is receiving no commission for that. I asked previously about having a back up trip and she said she thought Disney would be open in May. If she wants to move my resort to keep her commission, thatā€™s fine, Iā€™ll cancel my other booking. But I need a specific resort for 2 rooms, so Iā€™m covering myself on this.

This doesnā€™t help my DW or others with AP/DVC that arenā€™t eligible for free dining. She cancelled her trip (this weekend) and transferred her balance into the surprise family trip in mid June. She was looking forward to AK today. I guess our feral children will have to do.

2 Likes

But DVC is never eligible for free dining and DVC has accommodated members quite fairly.

And AP will be extended by the number of days of the closure.

Sheā€™ll do just fine :wink:

1 Like

Anyone with APs, remember you could use the value of those tickets towards a new AP. Not sure if you can do that with a renewal though.

@OBNurseNH Itā€™s just one TS, I thought?

Yes. Typo

1 Like

Fixed

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit confused, if you did NOT book a package and instead bought Room Only and Tickets Separately, are you not eligible for this deal? I canā€™t find anything saying if Iā€™m eligible or not.

I saved $1300 with the Free Dining Deal over what I had re-booked for myself in October. And $1600 total over what my April package was:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/travel-information/?CMP=KNC-FY20_DPK_ACT_DOM_PADC_EGM_SCP_WDWCV|G|4052020.PR.PS.01.03|MZ7TN4N|BR|425395057845&keyword_id=kwd-12193621|dm|disney%20world|425395057845|e|5238:3|&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjoH0BRD6ARIsAEWO9DsVIbQCniUEHyGdrEe3UMgXdCHhb_9h61ltrMOtWI_90uXQRshZ8CsaAlCBEALw_wcB&ef_id=XoEKGwAABL14baNA:20200329205035:s

Itā€™s under Disney Resort Rooms and Packages. It says room reservation is eligible.

I just called and was able to add this deal to mine. I upgraded our room while I was at it too.

I tried chatting with a cast member on the website to see if they could determine eligibility without waiting on hold, and they couldnā€™t but they gave me the tip to ask for special offers when I called instead of reservations and that wait was under 7 minutes. Probably closer to 4 minutes.

Technically I was rightā€¦

However apparently anyone who cancelled a DVC stay can get the free dining if they pay cash for their new reservation. So not a whole lot of use to most DVC owners but they can get the same cash deal as everyone else who cancelled.

Soā€¦ calling Disney to modify a May 10th reservation. Made the resv thru the MDE web site.

Calling 407-934-7639 and have been on hold for 30+ which is OK with me as I know they are swamped.

Others having similar experiences?

Thanks and Be Safe (and Happy).

1 Like

From another threadā€¦,

2 Likes

Hi amvanā€¦ Iā€™m a Houston-areaā€™r as well.

Yes I read those postsā€¦ which led me to submit mineā€¦ seemed others were having much better luck than meā€¦ even tho contemporaneous calls. 50 minsā€¦ and holding happily.

Thanks

1 Like