"Free" Dining Offer Leading to Decisions about Accommodations

When we did our first trip to WDW, my DH wasn’t convinced that it would be something he would like. I had done a ton of advance planning with the Unofficial Guide and we had a fabulous trip. By the end he was already planning when we could go again! We’ve done three trips since.

1 Like

That is exactly my goal!

1 Like

My husband went from “this is insanely expensive to pay for extra events” to “I probably won’t want to return if we can’t do mostly extra events”. So a win for me but not for our savings account.

1 Like

My DH is all about having a good time and not worrying about the dollars. It costs a fortune for all five of us to go, anyway, and we don’t visit very often.

When this Disney trip planning started he said, “When’s the last time you regretted spending more on a vacation rather than less?”

I couldn’t come up with an answer.

2 Likes

We have been moving more towards intentionally spending our money on experiences rather than things. We will be celebrating My birthday Aug 8 and DD4 Birthday Aug 9th while there this trip. I am sort of hoping I can convince DH that the next trip should be in a couple of years to celebrate his birthday Sept 30 and DD5 birthday Sept 27th.

2 Likes

I did the math on an AP and have decided to buy one. It saved me another $500 over the regular Sun & Fun discount, even after the extra cost for the ticket upgrade.

With 8 nights and 8 day park hoppers, it might work out for you. Only one of you needs the AP to get the room discount. I saved quite a bit over and above the Sun & Fun discount, even after paying for the ticket upgrade, because the discount went from 25% without the AP to 40% with, at a deluxe resort.

I called and asked for the discount, and will actually buy the pass later. So you can find out if it will work before you take the plunge.

1 Like