Free dining (isn't really free right?) so confused with what to do!

What restaurants were not in the dining plan?

Victoria and Albert (and I understand why it’s not on the dining plan!). We also love to eat around the world (going during Food and Wine) and only some of the offerings are included on the dining plan. We like to try all the beers and cocktails also and that is not included either (around the world I mean).

What is MVT short for?

Magical Vacation Travel- a Travel Agency.

Magical Vacation travel agency is really easy to work with and if you can fit a trip into their discounted dates then it can be a big savings. I have now also learned about their discounted park tickets (basically are convention rate tickets). With the savings overall we are going to go with MVT.
The free dining would have worked in our favor if we were planning on 4-5 days of park tickets but we are going on a shorter trip and want to buy tickets for MVMCP. My kids also really want UOR days (even though I tried to pitch an all out Disney trip). So in the end we would have been paying for park days that we wouldn’t be fully taking advantage of just to meet the requirements to get the free dining.

1 Like

Glad you were able to evaluate it and figure out the best deal for your situation.

1 Like

I should also say that I ended up switching to 2 rooms at Pop. It was basically the same price as the one at POR. I feel better knowing everyone will have a comfortable bed and we will have 2 bathrooms. I wouldn’t choose Pop as my first choice if looking only at theming but the price and amenities couldn’t be beat!

3 Likes

Comfortable beds and 2 bathrooms is huge. Pop does get a lot of love here though, and you will also be right next to AOA for additional food choices and checking out the theming there.

1 Like

Maybe not first choice, but we had no problems whatsoever with Pop and are staying there again in November. I bet you will enjoy it!

1 Like