Freaking out - Weather

when is your flight Sawah?

If you can do AK on the rainy day, I think that’s the best use. I don’t know what the heck it is about that park, but it seems to be the hottest of the 4 and the rain really helps it (didn’t learn this until later). As @missoverexcited said, the animals are more active in the rain, which makes the ride MUCH better.

2 Likes

FL resident here… It’s currently NOT a tropical storm, and the chances of it developing into one in the Gulf are very low. It might develop into a tropical “depression”. This will mean some periods of potentially heavy rain, but as it won’t be cyclonic, no high winds, tornadoes, etc.

1 Like

Watch the update and decide…

It POURED almost every day of our trip, and it rained almost all day when it did. We had an epic time, did SO much, met a ton of characters and have very low wait times in line. Do NOT worry about the weather. Worry about the insane heat! lol

We fly out tomorrow morning at 7:21 and get into Orlando around 1:00…coming from Wisconsin. How about you?

Were there rides/attractions that closed during all that rain?

Very few rides close due to “rain”, If there is lightning in the area many of the outdoor rides close (the mountains and anything on the water). I was there one day at RD during a stormy morning and did SM, Buzz, Pooh, PP, IASW, HM, CBJ, and POC in about 2 hours…

Big Thunder closed when we were finishing our FP right before that one began. By the time we walked to it from Space Mountain, it was back up and running again. Everything else was good to go except for outdoor character greets, which some move indoors but others we will have to wait til next visit. I HIGHLY recommend doing a Safari when it’s downpouring! The animals LOVE the rain and we’re all out and active. It was wonderful. Later that night we did another after dark. Less animals, but MUCH closer to the trucks which was super cool!

We are on our way in taxi arrive 4pm florid time. Have a wonderful trip. I might see you on chat too!

The “track” of the storm is heading out towards the FL/AL line (i.e. right where I live). I guessing that it will only have a minimal effect on the Orlando area.

Hope you’re having a blast, @sawah3!

Hi Benny! We gave in to the panic on Sunday and postponed going to AK until today but the terrible weather ended up being minimal rain showers and that was all. Yesterday was our first day venturing out and we went to Epcot. Storms were reported within 6 miles so they shut down Test Track while we were at the front of the line. We stuck it out and waited 2 hours before we could ride. Our youngest kiddos took naps in our laps while we sat on the floor. Today we hit Animal Kingdom and it seemed like it was going to be an amazing day. We didn’t have any Pandora FP’s so we rope dropped and got thru both rides by 9am. Woo hoo!! Everything was going great until around 4:15 when we hopped on to Everest and it got stuck as it was making the tall ascent up the mountain. We learned there was an electrical issue so they shut the ride down. We waited about 20 minutes before they evacuated us but not before it started raining. The climb for the evacuation route was treacherous especially with young kids. By the time we got out of the behind the scenes we route, it was downpouring so we decided to do Kali since we were already wet. Of course, where I sat was the spot that got the most wet and I was freezing after that. Everest ended up opening back up about 30 minutes after we got off Kali so we gave it another shot. It’s definitely been a memorable experience so far!! 3 days left for HS and MK!!

3 Likes

Did you at least get a fastpass to go back on EE? Hope you’re still having fun!

Wow. You’ve had more attractions going 101 than I have had in my 30+ trips there.

You have the right idea, though. Spirits high, despite any delays or closures.

But wow – 2 hours for Test Track? You’re made of stronger stuff than I am. If a ride goes down while I’m in line, I bounce to something else and re-optimize. I can’t do more than 25 minutes in line.

Enjoy your vacation!

Paula, yes we were given a free FP to use on anything but Pandora rides so we redid EE when it reooened. Still having fun…Day 1 of MK was today.

Benny, we didn’t plan to wait that long for TT but the kids fell asleep within 30 mins of us sitting down so we let them stay there. Turned out to be a blessing since we spent 11 hours at Epcot and that recharge was what they needed to keep going. Today was Day 1 @ MK and Splash Mountain shut down while we were on it…no Eva’s though…just had to wait about 20 mins for it to restart. We also got drenched waiting for BTM thanks to a quick 15 min pounding rain. But, thru it al we had an awesome streak of luck today. We got to the park too late this morning and the line for SDMT was over 2 hrs just 30 mins after park opening so we planned to skip it and try again tomorrow. That was until a random person stooped us this evening and handed us enough paper fastpasses for our party of 7 for any ride today…so off to SDMT we went!!

1 Like