FPP window with partial on-site stay

You’ve already booked. They won’t delete FPs retrospectively.

If you check on your MDE, you’ll likely see that you can no longer book an FP for one of those days after your onsite stay. The dates will be grayed out, like @KBelle found with her days before her onsite stay. Those days would have been blue under the old system. Her post is on the new thread.

If you felt brave, you could try modifying one of your FPs for those post-onsite days. See if it lets you. It might still do because it’s in the system.

The fact that WDWMagic has reported it now on their news section is a very good indication this is now in effect. They didn’t carry it when the rumour first surfaced, because they couldn’t get (public) confirmation of the changes from Disney.

Sorry I’m just getting back to this.
Our stay is 4/18-4/20 and offsite through 4/27. I was able to book our onsite at 60 days and then 4/21 on Wed. I went to book 4/22 yesterday and was unable.
I called and was told about the update.

2 Likes

Sounds pretty reliable then!! I already have FPP booked for my full ticket length so don’t think I can play around. Thankful that mine are still there…will post if anything happens overnight! Fingers crossed we will be able to keep them.

k another report. I was able to view available FPP with modify but when I actually went to confirm the FPP change got an error! So yep, changes are effective. If you have a FPP with a 60 day rolling window, you also can not modify those.

1 Like

@ribbit1019 when you called did they say anything about the FPP you were able to book on your first rolling day?

Oh c’mon take one for the team. Cancel the reservation and see what happens!

@heidelj see post right below my original:-) I did try to go all the way through to modify a FPP and system would not let me.

Yeah, but I want to know if you REALLY lose those FPP if you cancel :grin:

@heidelj sorry too chicken here to do that! :laughing: but honestly the rolling 60 wasn’t a huge advantage. If FPP cancelled, I think I’ll probably fare just as well with a 30 day plus same day FPP drops. Was going to have to rely on those anyway for FOP and SDD.

1 Like

I have a feeling FOP FPP availability will get a lot better at the end of this year. Or whenever SWGE opens.

2 Likes

Have you heard anything about the umbrella? Is that no longer working?

Not seen anything about the umbrella having changed. It is my understanding that Disney intended that for those that have those oft-quoted “snowbirding grandparents”.

However I have seen reports that split stays now have two windows. It could be a glitch, someone over on the DIS found he could only bookma day at a time for an onsite stay. Thankfully that changed back to normal.

Having split stays as separate reservations, coupled with insisting on re-booking if you want to drop nights, could get rid of the leading reservation loophole though.

I’m not ready to call this one yet!