FP+ rehearsal with a surprise

Only two weeks to go until our FP+ day for next trip. I always start checking 30 day availability around this time, and start making my priority list. Today was my first check. Imagine my surprise when I went to check Flight of Passage and was immediately offered one for the three of us at 10:10! :open_mouth: Needless to say it was a complete fluke, but it just goes to show that sometimes you just need to be lucky in the FP+ game.

4 Likes

Awesome! What luck. Was that am or pm?

1 Like

am :hugs:

1 Like

Weā€™ll then its not due to suddenly extended park hours. Hope your luck holds. Iā€™ve been playing around with it, too and itā€™s a huge help to be able to do that. Iā€™m pretty rusty.

Itā€™s also a lot of fun! Iā€™m running out of things to do in the planning stage- it makes me feel like the trip is a lot closer than it is.

Yes - I normally do this every few days as the FP+ day gets closer. It gives me a feel for which ones I need to concentrate on first, and just like you said it also makes it feel like the trip is a lot closer!

1 Like

Have you tried getting anything during the drops? Thatā€™s my next challenge, but I keep getting distracted and forget!

To be honest Iā€™ve never had a problem getting what I want, so Iā€™ve never really had to do try the drop times. Last trip (September) DD wanted to go on Slinky again both our HS days and I manage to snag FPs for an hour or so later without too much trouble, so I must be pretty lucky in the FP+ department! :grin:

2 Likes

We are about 2 1/2 weeks out and I was just wishing I could ā€œpracticeā€ making FP+. How are you able to do that??? It will be my first time and I am nervous about having to ā€œlearnā€ the system as I am actually at the window. We have a package with room, tickets, dining and I will be trying to make FP+ for 8 people.

I think that this means that it will only open for you at +60 ā€˜on the dayā€™. I have the same.

Iā€™m having the same anxiety.

Same. This is making me miss making a mad dash to a kiosk to pull the physical fast passes while my family waits in line. At least then I knew what I was doing.

:sob::sob: Iā€™ve tried watching you tube videos of people explaining it. Iā€™m not sure it helped though. When I logged in at 6 AM for ADRs on 180 days out, I quickly found that I could NOT reserve anything and had to call the phone number and have them do it for me. Just a random glitch that wouldnā€™t allow me to book. All of my dates were grayed out even though I was 180 days out. So Iā€™m worried something like that will happen again and I will miss my early window. Can we book fast passes by calling? Just in case it happens againā€¦

I donā€™t think you can do it with packages, unfortunately. I have an AP I just bought, not activated yet.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one! Iā€™ve been computer savvy for 20+ years but Disneyā€™s website makes me nervous. Right now I canā€™t choose MB colors or get all of the accounts linked correctly or choose avatars for certain people (but can for others). I did watch a few youtube videos that showed FP+ choosing pretty clearly but the act of doing it myself has to be done at 5am my time when my head doesnā€™t work yet!:woman_zombie:

Great question!

May the force be with us on that day!

You CAN book FPP on the phone. I also recommend setting up auto-sign in on every possible internet browser. Sometimes, the MDE website only works on Safari. Other times, only on Chrome. I have auto-login everywhere possible.

5 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation on using the phone! Auto log in is something I have always kept turned off but maybe I need to do that. Donā€™t even remember how to change it at this point!

Have you been following theDibb FP+ availability charts? There has been quite a bit of availability lately for everything but FOP and SDD. Even FOP had some available at 60 and 60+2 this morning. Not so with SDD. Keep our finger crossed!

Yes! And I really think Iā€™ll be okay. My days for FOP is 60+3 and SDD is 60+5. But Iā€™m worried I wonā€™t get times I want and my whole plan will be weird and Iā€™ll have to change all my ideas! Which is bound to happen for some of them but I just need it to hurry and happen so I can adjust and stop thinking about it. :slight_smile: I feel like tweaking my TPs right now is just frivolous.